SMALL 1/144 LANDING CRAFT AND ZERO DIO.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Finally got around to adding the 1/144 scale figures...never again will I attempt painting on this scale. I could hardly see them to paint! It has also had a light oil wash in places.

So, some piccies of them on the landing craft being buzzed by a Zero. The B&W picture was faffed about with in Paintshop Pro the idea was to give a blurred film type action shot.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 71906

View attachment 71907

View attachment 71908

View attachment 71943

DSCF2079.JPG

DSCF2088.JPG

DSCF2081.JPG

WIND.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great work SiThe guy in picture 3 looks rather cool to say there's a Zero buzzing them :smiling3:
LOL, the figures are RAF, so all jolly cool, what, what...could I hell as get some 1/144 scale American sailors, besides they are that small unless you are a rivet-counter you will never know.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice work as always Si
Cheers Terry, glad you like it, about time I finished it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Si , the second pic is my fave , with the zero overhead. The figures look fine to me , although as Ian says the bloke with his hands in his pockets is very laid back to say theres a zero buzzing them !! LOL!! great work , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great job Si , the second pic is my fave , with the zero overhead. The figures look fine to me , although as Ian says the bloke with his hands in his pockets is very laid back to say theres a zero buzzing them !! LOL!! great work , cheers tony
Thanks Ian, that guy ain't afraid of no Jap Zero...he's chewing gum and smoking a Camel.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,Looking great and as mentioned, the second photo is the best with the over-head shot which shows the waves better...

Andy...
Cheers Andy, that picture is my favourite too, looks action packed.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice mate. Great little dio. What did you use to make the water?
Hi mate, glad you like it. To do the water I first sprayed the base with a metallic light blue, apt for the pacific sea area, once dry I then used silicone sealant-I use the back of a teaspoon to shape the waves, to get the peaks you use the tip of the spoon and pull up. Once dry it is a case of adding some white paint.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cool, think I will have to try it some time. Thanks mate.
No problems, really easy to do, reason why I use it is cos it is cheap lol.