"Snap Ambush" - Complete

G

Greg147

Hi all,

It took a little longer than expected, but I managed to finish my GB entry.

Build time was a month and a half. The scale is 1/72, and both sides were made from Revell kits. I've included some black and white pictures as well, to help capture the scene as I imaged it. ;)

The diorama is set in the early hours of June 6th, with Allied paratroopers littered across the French countryside. A small group of men from the British 6th Airbourne are walking along a desolate railway track, trying to make their way towards their objective, when they hear a German troop column approaching. Quickly, they move to a bridge ahead, where the commanding officer spots a horse-drawn gun, along with its crew, heading towards them. Silently, the group takes position for a snap ambush, readies their weapons, and waits for the perfect moment to strike...

View attachment 31581

View attachment 31582

View attachment 31583

View attachment 31584

View attachment 31585

View attachment 31586

View attachment 31587

View attachment 31588

View attachment 31589

View attachment 31590

View attachment 31591

View attachment 31592

View attachment 31593

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0594.jpg

BW2.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

BW1.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

BW3.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Greg! I couldn't begin to even think about a dio in 1/72 scale but you have done a really good jog there.

I see the artillery piece cleaned up well!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a smashing piece of work! Nicely done Greg.

Gern

G

Greg147

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm looking at the pictures now, and hoping no-one's noticed the mistakes that I just have. Looks like some quick fixes are in order ;)

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Great dio Greg. Better get those fixes in before the trap is sprung!

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Been wandering around Snowdonia this last week or so, so I have missed all the good stuff on here... and what a way to start the catch up!

Great diorama Greg. I'm glad you beat the cleaning up of the soft plastic. A very nice composition. Great greenery and railtrack...Mistakes? Looks good to me as it is!

Well done.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely fabulous Greg! Nice to see some horse drawn artillery too,

Great work, 5 stars!

Paul

R

rogue-one

top work greg. looks great. man!! those troops in the horse drawn cart are gonna get it, lol.

G

Greg147

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's good to know you like it. I'm suprised no-one's mentioned that most of the paras are aiming about an inch above the Germans. I tried to edit their poses, but I'm sure you can imagine how badly that went with 1/72 figures. ;)

N

noble

Greg just seen this completed mate and you get five stars from me beautiful dio and in 1/72 as well.

scott