Some new busts from Sarnia Miniatures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Peter Gillson at Sarnia Miniatures has again kindly asked me to do the box art for his new busts.

The first is his ECW pike regiment officer. You've probably already seen Peter's excellent rendition of this, but here's my take on it:

100_2573.JPG100_2574.JPG100_2579.JPG

The next will be another ECW officer:

100_2585.JPG

As you can see, Peter has pulled off a very difficult pose and facial expression. I can't wait to paint it. The third is a pilot of the ATA during the 2WW:

100_2584.JPG

You may have seen Peter's earlier version of this. He's since reworked the face, and very nice it is too.

I hope I can do them justice. Details of the busts are on the Sarnia website as usual.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Beautifully sculpted and outstanding paintwork as usual Peter:thumb2:
Si

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm sure you will Peter .
They will look perfect , great work from Peter G , that open mouthed chap must have been a challenge.
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in Si an John.

The head of Mr Shouty Man is more or less finished:

100_2587.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice teeth !

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice to see the Peters mogelling again.Mr shouty ECW is really nice.I hope Peter does well with these.Lots go into producing resin busts etc.Varied subjects and Peter does a nice range of different eras.Just a shame i cant attend Euro this year with my lil lot.
Great stuff from Sculptor Peter and Peter the painter.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Must be so hard to sculpt an open mouth like that. The teeth are all there too.

Richard - Glad you like them. Hope you're sculpting too.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys

Glad you like the busts. Peter has done/is doing a great job.

The mouth of shouty man was 'interesting' to do, lots of photos of me shouting (silently) into a mirror! The order I made the mouth was: first positioning the rough shape of the nose, then added the roof ne bottom of the mouth, added the teeth, then the tongue and finally the lips and side of the mouth before refining the nose. It was fun but it will be a while before I try another shouting bust.

I have given up using ProCreate putty and returned to MagicSculpt which I think is easier to use.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Nice to see the Peters mogelling again.Mr shouty ECW is really nice.I hope Peter does well with these.Lots go into producing resin busts etc.Varied subjects and Peter does a nice range of different eras.Just a shame i cant attend Euro this year with my lil lot.
Great stuff from Sculptor Peter and Peter the painter.
Richard.
Richard - shame about Euro, but I hope you are still working on adding to Mookies range

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Things have been wound down for Mookies for the foreseeable future.Not sure when we will start up again.Hoping October time.No sculpting for 2 months down.Lost a lot of focus and enthusiasm to be honest.Hoping the mojo reignites in the future.
Best of luck with the new stuff.
Richard.

Reactions: JR

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Richard - Fingers' crossed that after a break you will be re-envigoured
Peter

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Nice teeth !

2nd that John

Well done Peter's, great sculpting, and the painting is top notch.

Its getting difficult to keep up with you after our holiday Peter!

Full speed ahead, I guess you are probably already getting the paint flowing before the weather catches up with you?

Have another good day can't wait to see what you get finished

regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Peter and Richard. I admire you both for getting to grips with the putty and doing such good work. Very inspiring, but I'm happy to just paint the results (no talent in that quarter).

Steve, I do seem to be full of painting beans at the moment. I did have a bit of a bust hiatus recently, where nothing would go right, but Peter G's new work has really got me inspired and back into the swing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Lovely busts to work on. Shouting guy's face is excellent.
Jim

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nice Peter.Saw the Pikeman a minute ago on Planet figure.The chaps liked it.
Keep cool from Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve

Do the likes for the pikeman include the chap who wants to see an un-painted example because he doesn't like my painting style? B****y Planet Figure!!!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Can't please everyone Peter, be nice to see what his painting style is like :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Peter.
Things have been wound down for Mookies for the foreseeable future.Not sure when we will start up again.Hoping October time.No sculpting for 2 months down.Lost a lot of focus and enthusiasm to be honest.Hoping the mojo reignites in the future.
Best of luck with the new stuff.
Richard.
:sad::crying: