spanner's Me Bf 109E....Beyond Repair!

H

HRogers

Nice job so far, just for the interesting - If you need parts that is broken or need replacement - you can always try and make the parts from paper - Some of my planes, propellers was broken and I replace it with paper ones -

Remember the time when we had some flexible airplanes which we can shoot in the air with rubber bands. it was a lot of fun, so maybe you can try and shoot your plane you want to  wreck in the air ( see how high it can go)

Can't wait for the end results....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers everyone. Some good pointers Henry, thanks.

Brush painted with Vallejo Model Air. I'm too ham fisted to mask canopies, so I always paint the frames free hand. The pilot has ejected the main canopy / armour plating and antenna prior to a crash landing, so not so much to paint!

Being an old kit, the decals were very fragile, so great care was needed - luckily no rips. 

Here is the aircraft as far as I need to take it.......and thanks to Steve (stona) for his help and knowledge of all things Bf-109.

P1160066.JPG

P1160065.JPG

I'll add seat belts etc when I've decided just what I intend doing with the aircraft. It does seem a pity to smash it up, so it might just end up as a belly landing rather than a full blown crash. I'll see.

Cheers,

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This takes me back many, many years Ron. I did a tropical 109 that had belly landed in the desert-I enjoyed doing that one so thank you for the suggestion, brought back a good memory.

As to the model, superb freehand/hairy stick work Ron, as always.  

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Didn't the Ohio reach Malta with a crashed Stuka on her deck? Something like that would be well impressive but you'd need a big ship in 1/72 to get it to work properly ......

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys, I'm torn as to what to do with it......

It just so happens that early tomorrow morning, me and the present Mrs. Ron are catching a silver bird (Mr. O'Leary's taxi) and going south 'Until the butter melts.'

So I'll have a think over a nice glass of something. See you all in a week or so...

Abianto!

Ron