Special Hobby 1/72 DH 103 Hornet - RAF Cold War Fighter pt 4

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sprue shots.....................
DSCF2417.JPGDSCF2418.JPGDSCF2416.JPG
No detail shots - there's no detail! The control surface joints will have to be rescribed, you can only see the elevators & ailerons in the right light! The PE has gone awol, but it only consisted of the instrument panel & seat belts. As I intend to fit a pilot, not a problem.......
DSCF2419.JPG

The Hornet was introduced too late for WWII, it was intended as a long range fighter to be used in the Pacific War. It essentially was a single seat Mosquito, using the same manufacturing techniques - consequently, not many panel lines!
The short run model has no locating pins, the parts will need a lot of cleaning up & refining - I'll have to add a wingspar, as butt joining the wings will be a weakness. I will use the resin exhausts, radiators & wheels, but the insert for the cannons, I might try drilling & scribing the fuselage, to avoid cutting/fitting/filling.
Dave

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well, it's not a Swift, but I suppose it'll do.
Actually this would have been my second choice! Looks well moulded.
Pete

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I'm almost regretting my vote: it seems it will be an "important" build. I hope the kit will not give you headaches.:face-with-head-bandage:
In case, I'm in the second row with some aspirin tablets at the ready. :sick: ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
You seem to have taken on a few of these short run kits. This looks to have all the issues of such kits. I'm sure it will make a decent model.
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coffee pot on, comfortable seat found.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The short run kit makers produce the models that interest me. True, they aren't as detailed or as easy as the mainstream models, but when they're the only game in town..................
Dave