Speeder Bike diorama titled Where Are They? Ewok Scratch.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,
Just a few weeks back I posted the beginnings of a scratched Ewok from the Return of the Jedi which is sorely missing in my 30 year old diorama of the Speeder Bike rider looking for these fellas. The dio is seen here waiting for the Ewok... he'll be placed under the fallen branch.

d0015.jpg
I intend to focus on the Ewok scratched figure here and have transferred the images of the start from the bench posting.

S1.jpg
Here I am bulking up the armature with two part putty next to the rough sketch for scale.

S2.jpg
I gave him a cute butt after establishing the proper bulk and body shape and stance.
Then at the recent Return of the Jedi event the club participated with displays, while manning the table I spent about 20 minutes sculpting half of his face. The eyeballs were inserted the day before into the head. I will cut his head off and insert a wire to easily manipulate the head direction later.
S3.jpgS4.jpgS5.jpgS6.jpg
His features are referred to from a picture I downloaded.
This is where i am at the moment finding the next 20 minute mojo to do the other half of the face and adding the ears.

Cheers,
Wabble

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am a little confused here Richard.
You call it a diorama, you are sculpting a psyco-teddybear and placing it in the sci-fi section. I'm going to move it someplace, just haven't worked out where.
Can we be in agreement that this build is going to be of psyco ted.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very different from your recent work Richard, although I suppose there is a similarity to the monkeys. Definitely worth following.
Yes it is Jim, I'm not really a Sci-Fi fan but liked the Speeder Bike for it's forest setting. At the time my sculpting skills weren't up to par and MPC didn't supply Ewok characters. Got tired of people asking what the rider was looking for so I'm finally making an Ewok.
I am a little confused here Richard.
You call it a diorama, you are sculpting a psyco-teddybear and placing it in the sci-fi section. I'm going to move it someplace, just haven't worked out where.
Can we be in agreement that this build is going to be of psyco ted.
Hi Ian, Ewok aka Psycho Ted plays a part in the Sci-Fi Return of the Jedi and after sculpting him will end up in the dio featured in the first photo. So he could be in the figure sculpting section and when ready be placed in the dio section when I fit it the dio and finally be placed in the Sci-Fi section when completed or the dio section which ever. At the moment it seems to be in limbo...I'll leave the placement to you.;):smiling2:

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Count me in Wabble .

Wobble .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Okay John and Richard, thanks and there's a Wibble too.

More phsycho teddybear progress today with the hood and more hair added...

20230722_233827.jpg20230722_233836.jpg20230722_233845.jpg20230722_233918.jpg20230722_233924.jpg

Phsycho teddybear is slowly looking like an Ewok...I hope.

Cheers,
Wabble