Spitfire Mk. 22/24 (Revell, 1/32)

V

Vajled

\ said:
try this one roman
40208-spitfire-mk-22-24-revell-1-32-silver-spit.jpg
anytime mobear :smiling3:

this one is also awesome... but i think i will go to syrian variant... because all thing will do by myself... rondels, flag and these arab numbers... 512 on the tail

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
One of yours Ole? Looks rather nice.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking great Roman. You've made a far better job of the wing roots than me !

Colin M..

M

mobear

Ian i wish mate lol,mine is in transition at the moment(getting dismantled and getting pilots arms to move)i`m a web trawler and look at anything

mobear

T

treyzx10r

Nice link with the superglue /talc method thanks for sharing ! She's looking like another of your great works in progress Roman,looking forward to the scheme you've picked out.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Nice link with the superglue /talc method thanks for sharing !
Yep,a good link. I do the CA/baking powder method. As soon as the powder hits the glue it goes hard and I just want to emphasise to anyone giving this a go that you need to sand quickly. I sand within a minute,after that the CA/powder mix will be harder than the surrounding plastic making blending it in more difficult.

It's a handy method.

Cheers

Steve

M

MrGotty

Hey Roman looking good man, I am new to scale modelling and bought my second model which is a 1/72 spitfire, just want to say you truly inspire me and keep up the good work, I hope I am as good as you some day lol, I messed up my first model which is why its not finished hhaha I glued everything on before painting the fuselage silly me, but now I learn from watching you! Much thanks, hopefully I can find time to finish my first model then start my spitfire, time is short when you have a baby to look after hehe.

Thanks

Scott

V

Vajled

\ said:
Hey Roman looking good man, I am new to scale modelling and bought my second model which is a 1/72 spitfire, just want to say you truly inspire me and keep up the good work, I hope I am as good as you some day lol, I messed up my first model which is why its not finished hhaha I glued everything on before painting the fuselage silly me, but now I learn from watching you! Much thanks, hopefully I can find time to finish my first model then start my spitfire, time is short when you have a baby to look after hehe.Thanks

Scott
Hey Scott,

Many thx for kind words.

If you need anything to hesitate to ask...

I dont must tell how many of them I screw up before and they never been finished, but was all good school. Some of these models I'm keeping it and work on them with new technics... the are like guinea pig .. LOOL

Just keep up working and trying... and hope we will see your spit soon on the bench :smiling3:

Roman

@Everyone

Thx guys... and James - I also hope so it will look great in Syrian colors :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Roman sorry i've not posted on this build before, some great work and tips on this build its always a pleasure to watch you work

V

Vajled

\ said:
Hi Roman sorry i've not posted on this build before, some great work and tips on this build its always a pleasure to watch you work
dont worry Ian :smiling3:

here is little progress..

almost everything is glued, just few more things and canopy...

I also need to recover few rivets what I have lost during sanding

Cheers

Roman

M

mobear

Roman i have decided not too look at your spitfire ever again.This is solely a jealousy thing on my part,as your spit looks amazing compared to what mine is,truly amazing build.

mobear:tongueout3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Roman can't wait to see the camo go down.

Vaughan

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good heavens Roman. When I built one of these it took me ages to get to this stage. Good work !

V

Vajled

thx all :smiling3:

primer is up

I'm still strugelling what to do with decals :sad:

Have no aftermarket, have no decal paper... dont have a clue how to make ones...

try to buy decal paper but on one store says choose country: Yugoslavia (what does not exist for a 20 yrs) and another shope dont have any country outside EU...

Then I have 3 options: spray all decals bymyself? or make aluminium spit with decals what I have (Brit) but will not be accurate or third choice to do how is on instruction sheet... :smiling3:

When primer will dry out, I will decide

Cheers,

Roman

M

mobear

spray your own decals roman because i know that you are capable of doing a real good job

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have seen what you can do with an Airbrush. paint the markings. If an amateur like me can do it, I am sure that you can.

Go for it Roman.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was going to say the same Roman, and looking forward to the outcome now, great skills and keep up the good work