Spitfire Mk. 22/24 (Revell, 1/32)

V

Vajled

Nose cone is polished alu, and rest of plane is alu from alclad...

tomorow will do some panels on fuselage and wings in other variations of alu color (dark alu, polished alu, dullalu, etc.)

Cheers,

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Roman she is going to look a real beauty.

Vaughan

M

MrGotty

Roman do you use Acrylics or Enamels because im struggling to decide wether to stick with Enamel or not :/ hmmm.... Enamel is nice, but a pain to clean up, what do you think?

Scott

V

Vajled

\ said:
Roman do you use Acrylics or Enamels because im struggling to decide wether to stick with Enamel or not :/ hmmm.... Enamel is nice, but a pain to clean up, what do you think?Scott
Hey Scott,

I have all from alclad enemals... never try acrylic from alclad. I'm waiting package from lucky models with alclad acrylic gloss and mad. Have heard they are all AB ready and they shine and looks like Future.

But from my oppinion and experiance = colors - acrylic (if dont have I'm using enemals), but those alu, silver, iron, etc...= ENEMAL...

I had Testors silver and alu acrylic color... throw them away :smiling3:

But I like alclad colors, maybe someone have expiriences with acrylic from them...

Roman

M

MrGotty

Thanks Roman, I use humbrol enamels but I really like the look of alclad colors, very nice :smiling3: a wee bit pricey though :sad:

V

Vajled

\ said:
Thanks Roman, I use humbrol enamels but I really like the look of alclad colors, very nice :smiling3: a wee bit pricey though :sad:
np scott, anytime I can help :smiling3:

I'm also prefer acrylic colors... almost emidietly dry, easy to clean... but those alus... like I said

and I like acrylic gloss, because it's very easy after doing the wash with enemal mixtured in the oil thinner... and when you finish wash just with cotton moistured with oil thinner wipe away enemal and extended wash :smiling3:

Roman

V

Vajled

I have played a little with various alu colors and with them shading panels...

and last what i have doned it's postshade with dark alu color... I think mybe on some panels must "kill" a bit post shade with ordinary alu color...

but syrian polanes I think and I know looks something like that :smiling3:

Cheers,

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
First that looks fantastic Roman. Any metallic finish seems to magnify any flaws or imperfection in the surface of a model. To get this model looking that good takes some doing!

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and say that these Spitfires were not strictly speaking natural metal,they were actually painted silver. Someone may know better. Whatever it was Roman's looks good to me.

The Alclad metallic finishes are actually lacquer based. I know we are splitting hairs a bit but that isn't what we modellers normally call enamel. I think they give the best and most durable metallic finish available. I love them,they are easy to use and Roman has shown how good they can look.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks Fantastic Roman. I to am a fan of Alclad and have "the full set" As Steve says they are a lacquer small point but if we don't correct people, we will never learn. lol.

Steve; You are quite correct. Silver Spitfires, in the RAF at least, where painted silver. Speed Silver which if I am not totally wrong was also a cellulose based lacquer. Regardless that Spitfire you have painted is gorgeous. I cant wait to see the next instalment.

Ian M

V

Vajled

thx guys :smiling3:

how is hard to take photo of alu plane :sad:

from my "studio"

and here is without any setting in my working room... looks mutch better

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks great roman , i really love the look of the spit in silver. cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The photos taken from the desk top sure do give it a whole different look.

I had the same problem when I took the photos of my silver mossy. It just looked grey, then I took a couple in front of the window.

One of my next spits will be a silver one, so seeing this is one is giving me loads of good ideas.

Ian M

D

dubster72

I've never seen a silver spitfire before & if anything, it's making a beautiful airplane even better!

I'm always in awe of both your skill & your speed Roman!

Patrick

M

MrGotty

Hey Roman keep up the good work, btw I bought some new toys(tools) and paints yesterday but I asked the shop dude if he had a grey primer and he was telling me you dont really need a primer if the surface is smooth and I said ahh right so you don't have any primer? and I dont think he did because he said if you really want a primer you can just use a white matt or a really light grey matt so I bought a really light grey matt, is this okay? or should I really buy a primer off this website when I can??

The customer knows what he wants lol so Mr Shop keeper dont tell me what I dont really need fool!

Scott

M

munkster

Scott a lot of people on here seem to swear by Halfords Grey Plastic Primer (or white for some tasks) if you are in need of primer quickly...

To my eye Roman's Spitfire looks annoyingly superb as well, nice work!! :smiling:

V

Vajled

Hey Scott,

Primer is different color (sorry on my english... dont know how to explain better butt with word different) and how I know he is pritty ok telling you about it.

Before Testors primer I have used Revell acrylic Stone Gray, 36175 and also with it get good results.

If is all ok with your surface you really dont need it except this ordinary color, but if you have some visible joint, "holes" scratchec... primer will cover them because primer bite plastic a little and color goes into the holes, scratches, etc...

If you dont get primer for that kind of holes, I have work like that before... if I had seen them, I took WHITE tamya putty (it's mutch thinly than GREY tamiya putty) and cover those holes... and of course you have then again to sand and paint with these stone gray (or whatever color you choose).

In my knowlage, thats the difference

Cheers

Roman

P.S.

I have heard from my friend, he is using alclad primer... and he told me that alclad have mutch higher bite to the surface and for his oppinion it's the best primer :smiling3:

J

James Q

Roman she is looking fantastic, your building and paint skills are amazing! I must do some modelling tonight lol.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Another beautiful build from the Vajled stable.

I really enjoy watching you put these together.

Tony.

V

Vajled

Thx guys... preaciated your words :smiling3:

Of course I have problems with cutting roundel from tape i dont have right tool... for example Olfa circular cutter... but cheaper is to buy decal paper than this

But I have ordered decal paper for InkJet printers from evil-bay :smiling3:

Will do by myself on the printer... found rondels and flag on the net...

Also these decal paper will do for Ju-88 and those Fighter group amblems...

I will little stop working now on spit untill decal paper came :smiling3:

Roman