Spitfire Mk IX 1:144

First Name
Peter
Hi,

I'd like to show you my latest 144 model. I guess it doesn't need to be introduced over here ;)

0EWo86g.jpg

8wPKvdk.jpg

jIrwHCu.jpg

3coS92T.jpg

5dTqSvA.jpg

pIavrtN.jpg

eQKwFZg.jpg

ODtqN3e.jpg
xd1zZeE.jpg

I used Eduard model kit, Brengun PE detail set, Master gun barrels and some of my own upgrades, namely: resin flaps, separate control surfaces, gun and ammo bays, engine bay (the engine was 3D printed but the rest is traditional scratch just copied with resin). These are the resin and vacu pieces I made:

TTVFdDn.jpg

0fgaR16.jpg

bkbWFab.jpg

gDlZY6g.jpg

os9qeaI.jpg

Best regards,
Marudek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely stunning work peter, in such a tiny scale too . Your scratchbuilt extras look superb it must have taken some serious magnifying lenses to complete this !! Fantastic work , cheers tony

First Name
Peter
Thanks for your kind words! Some bits were really tricky. I was satisfied with flaps masters only after I made third set :D

I use 5x magnifying lamp and sometimes that is not enough. I wish I had some good camera plugged to some LCD screen ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Outstanding work in every way, I doubt I'd be able to make a 1/48 Spitfire look that good, never mind a 1/144.

T

Trekkie_John

Glad i have my glasses, so much detail in such a small scale. Great work Peter.

Habe fun, John

First Name
Peter
Hi!

I must admit it was a bit tricky to make these additional bits and pieces, but once I got them right it was just an upgrade kit to combine with Eduard and Brengun parts (I used their excellent PE cockpit).

I'm sure if you had the same parts I did, then you'd be able to build even better model (I think my paint job is rubbish). Speaking of - I stil have few upgrade sets and even drawn instructions for it. If anyone is interested, then please have a look to 'For sale/wanted'.