Spitfire Mk. VI

First Name
Mike
looking very good Francesco, excellent work in the cockpit. How did you make the seat harness? It looks very natural.

Z

Ziper_it

Thank you for your nice comments.

Seat belts are done with aluminum adhesive tape (the one used to join tubes), painted with citadel bronzen flash and washed with oil black and terra di Siena bruciata. Metal parts are made again with thin strip of alu tape, the big lock is made with a slice of plastic rod.

I find the alu tape very useful as it keeps the form better than alu foil and masking and has a very strong glue, plus I can use for placard too.

Francesco

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job on the interior francesco , the seat looks excellent, cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice job on the camo paint, really looking the part.

Si:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice, that shading that shown up very nicely underneath.

Z

Ziper_it

Really appreaciate your comments mates, thank you.

I retouched the camouflage, completed the painting and started applying decals. Unfortunately also the new decals sheet sent by italeri to replace the bad printed in the box isn't properly aligned. This is less evident on the rounders but quite visible on the tail codes. I will have to invent something for the code (and try to remove the silvering).

View attachment 75411

Thanks for looking.

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388411226.216686.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Shame about the decals Francesco, but the plane is looking superb, really like the camo you have done.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's pretty unusual for Italeri to have dodgy decals. It's looking great so far, keep up the good work and it'll be done before you know it :smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

\ said:
That's pretty unusual for Italeri to have dodgy decals. It's looking great so far, keep up the good work and it'll be done before you know it :smiling3:
Thanks Joe, probably I just been unlucky.

However, better than this I can't do. Few small touches (mirror, smoke, antenna, ecc.) then it's complete.

View attachment 75445

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388485245.755090.jpg