Spots on the Internet

Steve Jones

Apprentice Bodger
First Name
Steve
Roden's Holt 75 Tractor. I am in the process of building this and its an absolute nightmare. I suggest you pay careful attention to the reviews before parting with your hard earned cash. For me it was a terrific buy as I luv the challenge of putting a bad kit right.

Dave Ward

SMF Poster
First Name
David
On the MiniArt website - 'for sale in July' all 1/35............ miniart tiran 4.jpg
YET ANOTHER T-54/55 Variant!
miniart t-55 tracks.jpg
mniart zil & 4 maxim.jpg
I like the boxart - the feller shooting with the pistol, when has 4 X mgs on the back of his truck!!
miniart rocket launcher.jpg

miniart german tank crew.jpg
Not sure why this is a 'Special Edition'
Dave

First Name
Jon
Nor me.Not a particularly old set either.

Regarding those Masterclub Sherman tracks. Terry has posted a full review of a set on PMMS.
Jon.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
Roden's Holt 75 Tractor. I am in the process of building this and its an absolute nightmare. I suggest you pay careful attention to the reviews before parting with your hard earned cash. For me it was a terrific buy as I luv the challenge of putting a bad kit right.
Are there any online reviews Steve? I couldn't find any.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
While looking for stuff about the Roden tractor I found this:

Makes a nice extra for the Scammell trucks they've released. They are also working on these:

I'm not sure about release dates as the website seems a bit vague, but it's surely nice to finally see more construction vehicles in kit form in 1/35 scale.

Dave Ward

SMF Poster
First Name
David
It can be very surprising that some of the manufacturers websites/Facebook pages can be so poor, and clunky - and I'm not just talking about the smaller makers, but the larger ones as well!
I found this on the Thunder Model Facebook page: thunder 7.2 inch.jpg
The 7.2" is a real biggie - The Scammel itself isn't small!
As a minor aside, I won't post CAD renderings - they are too far from actual boxed models. - I once created a 5 cylinder diesel engine by cutting and pasting from my original production 4 cylinder 3D model - crankcase, cylinder head, crankshaft etc, for a presentation. I was asked when it was going into production ( It never did ), by one of the senior executives ( an old school gent ). It only took me about 2 weeks to generate all the unique parts. That was on a 3D system called CATIA from Dassault Systems
Dave

Last edited:

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
It can be very surprising that some of the manufacturers websites/Facebook pages can be so poor, and clunky - and I'm not just talking about the smaller makers, but the larger ones as well!
Model kit makers in the Far East seem to really like Flash — gods know why. Thunder Models doesn’t appear to be among them, but I’m not quite sure why they have this:

Code:
<p>
	&nbsp;</p>
for 314 times below the actual content of their site. Maybe they want to pull div.main-container to 12,045 pixels height, about 10,000 of which empty, I don’t know …

Ian M

GB Mod
Administrator
First Name
Ian
The 7.2" is a real biggie - The Scammel itself isn't small!
Me want!
I must confess to spamming several makers informing them of a serious lack of British heavy artillery and prime movers! Yea looks like they do

Dave Ward

SMF Poster
First Name
David
Via a MiniArt emailshot - 'in progress' miniart T55 engine.jpg
Very nice, but if you've bought a MiniArt T-55, wouldn't you already have one?
On the ICM website, made up trial versions of their 1/35 'Marne Taxi' a Panhard

ICM Taxi.jpg Icm Taxi 2.jpg
I don't know how authentic the colours are, looks a liitle garish to me..........
Dave

Last edited:

Dave Ward

SMF Poster
First Name
David
Just over 10 days since I started this thread, and over 580 views! - I'm pleased with that, and will keep on adding things that I've spotted.
Again, please feel free to add your spots of your particular interest, just credit pictures and where you spotted it.
Thanks for looking in,
Dave

Marty

SMF Poster
First Name
Martin
Was always one to read Dave...glad to see it up and running again...always on the lookout for something unusual so will post up if i come across anything interesting.....Marty

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Now Dave the V engine is a great spot, not my scale but still nice.

Steve.

Tim Marlow

SMF Poster
First Name
Tim
Nice thread, always find it interesting. The Panhard looks like they have tried to make a die cast from a plastic kit. It’s probably made up exactly as the paint call outs in the instructions...showing what you can do if you treat it like painting by numbers...good looking kit though, be nice to see what an application of imagination can make from it.
Cheers
Tim

Dave Ward

SMF Poster
First Name
David
For those of you, who bought Copper State Models 1/35 Lanchester ( their first 1/35 model ), you might want to take a look at this:-
The plastic wheels in the kit CSM Lanchester Plastic wheels.JPG

CSM have produced a upgrade for the wire wheels
CSM Lanchester Wire Wheels.jpg
Looks like it has a little jig, to dish the PE spokes. Cost - around 25 Euros, more than half the price of the base kit.
Dave

Fernando N

SMF Poster
First Name
Fernando
Nice to see you've brought this one back to live Dave, at the old place I always looked at it to see what was coming up.:smiling:
Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.:thumb2:

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
Hope you will post it mate, if any one can beat the c***p out of it you will .
I've booking my seat through Mrs Jones Management Services . (. Seating Division . )
JR