Spraying Varnish

S

Stevekir

==What pressure should I use for Vallejo Gloss Varnish 70.510 (in PSI please) ?

== How much Vallejo "Airbrush Thinner" 71.161 New Formula" (Varnish/Thinner, or % thinner) ?

== Is that the correct thinner ?

== Should the varnish immediately after spraying look shiny and wet?

My needle is 0.5 mm

(I am having problems spraying varnish and need to get the above info right.)

Thanks

A

AVB99

I use 20 psi for Vallejo varnish with a 0.3 needle.

I use about 10% thinner

Yes it looks shiny and wet. Best built up in very thin layers (I find)

My airbrush always gets clogged after using this stuff - needs a deep clean each time.

Others will probably offer different advice. It's very subjective.

Best wishes

Aidan

T

tecdes

Steve

I use a pressure of 18 with a .4 needle/nozzle. Harder & Steinbeck Brush.

Thinner, for my last episode did not use thinner. Do not think I have ever used thinners with any of their varnishes as they all work well from the bottle.

Sometimes I get to near shinny & wet & then leave. Think that you have gone to far. But Vallejo is very considerate. Go further & you will get tear drops.

Better more & thinner coats. But test for yourself Steve on a plastic bottle.

I have found varnish to be very easy & not had any problems other than a duff Vallejo batch.

Problems I encountered early on were to make sure I cleaned the brush well immediately after use.

Laurie

T

tecdes

Youch Aidan will you write my stuff in future it is blow for blow.

Also get yourself a bigger picture you are to small.

Laurie

A

AVB99

\ said:
Youch Aidan will you write my stuff in future it is blow for blow.Also get yourself a bigger picture you are to small.

Laurie
I shall never forget that yesterday you called me a 'nutter' Laurie! Never have I been so hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall enlarge my picture yes - no point in hiding my gorgeousness! (Laughing to myself quietly, rather than out loud! (LTMQRTOL))

Best wishes

Aidan

PS Laurie - what does Youch mean please? Is it a Jersey expression?

T

tecdes

Aidan. Youch.

No just English I think perhaps bit old fashioned now.

Something unusual happens & you are surprised : Youch. Or you fall over & hurt your bum you say Youch.

Very expressive way of expressing yourself rather than an expletive. Youch I am going on here.

Laurie

PS did I really call you a nutter. Youch.