Stalingrad 1942.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning stalwart followers.:thumb2:
Ev...........Thank you, I'd rather do a massive building any day than figures ! Felt I needed to try this time.
Simon.......... Thank you for that photo, I shall make adjustments forthwith.Today if not sooner !!!
Greg .....You may indeed :hungry:they do rather look rather bright. In fact it was an AK. Rust ! Should have got the colour wheel out.:hungry:.
Jim ........Morning to you. Felt the straps were needed along with those handles. Fiddley is indeed the word. Cutting the the width was particularly awkward as the tape kept sliding under the rule. Of course I realise I should have stuck the ends down !
Not long indeed, its been a long build, some parts I have really enjoyed, others not so .:worried:
Thanks for staying with me on this ,its really appreciated.
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

The figures look great John. Very well done. Once again, your dedication and hard work have paid off in spades.

Peter.

Reactions: JR
B

Bobby Dale

John or is it Dzohn
The figures are looking marvelous so glad to see them nearly finished so once placed is that finished for the Diorama then ?
Bobby

First Name
Kevin
Looking good!
Can't wait for the big finish, but I'll be sad when you're done.

Mr T's pic will be very helpful, so I saved a copy for my own use.
Figs are my weakest area, I tend to stall at that point often, though they do add a lot to a scene.

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Comming along very nicely John :smiling: great work so far sadly I missed this one completely on "the other forum" and therefore also the "buildings - phase" could I (ever so gently :smiling:) press you for a reposting of the process of working with foam - maybe a small SBS on those fab buildings? *please*

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all, another fine day here in Lincs.
Peter....... Thank you my friend:thumb2:
Paul......... Thanks as well .:thumb2:
Bobby....... Paul has called me Dzhon for some time, while Steve calls me JR, you can carry on with John if you like:hugging-face:. Yes once the figures are on that's it. Have an idea there will be a leap into the unknown next with some resin:flushed: .
Steve......... Well there's 3 Kurts, Heinz , Hans , Otto , he's got the flame thrower , Werner, Horst, Klaus and Gerhard they man the heavy machine guns, Michael, Frank, Gunter and Dieter the troop leader.
Kevin......... Think your right, I shall miss the building work , the base with the stone sets, its been fun, esp the setting fire to that tarp !:flushed:. Simons photo was indeed helpful, like you I have saved it and printed it off.
Steven......... . Thank you for looking in. By all means, I shall enclose a few shots of the building construction when I do the final post.

Armed with Simons photo I found a Vallejo as near as I could., so with out more ado .IMG_2862.jpgA6.jpgIMG_2860.jpgA7.jpgIMG_2861.jpgA5.jpg
Tomorrow decals, then flat AK varnish and then pacing the figures on the dio.
Thanks for looking in . Comments welcome.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks gents .
Steve ....... Thought you would like that :hungry:
Guy........... Cheers. Not long now .!
John

B

Brad9826

"Well there's 3 Kurts, Heinz , Hans , Otto , he's got the flame thrower , Werner, Horst, Klaus and Gerhard they man the heavy machine guns, Michael, Frank, Gunter and Dieter the troop leader.''
lol:thumb2::thumb2:

- is this the start of forming ''Abteilung Dzohn'' ?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice recovery Mr race....much better in that shade:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brad ..... :hungry: could be ! Have to keep Steve interested somehow.
Si ..... Thanks, I hear it the " in colour " this year in some circles around the Fatherland .:tongue-out3:
Thanks for looking in.
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers mate .:thumb2:
John.

D

Daniel Horvath

John figures looks fantastic they are definitely ready for action ! looking forward to see it on the dio ! regards Danny

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You're almost there :thumb2: With the figures this dio will come to life.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John,
Well Dieter and his boys will be scruffing out with the Ruskies soon. Will there be any Russian infantry on the opposing side?

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Danny........Cheers mate, should be by the weekend, though Richard has got me thinking. :thinking:
Jim.............. Just thinking back I had thought about 4 0r 5 plus those from Peter, now its 14 and with Richards suggestion maybe more !:smiling3:
Richard....... A very good point, when you look at it at the moment all the action is centered around the foreground. A few Russian forces to the back may balance it up, I shall measure up to see if I could include a tank and figures !:nerd:
Look out for a "News flash later ".
John .