STALINGRAD!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Jim this is one of the best diorama's I've seen, following the build thread, knowing what you've had to do to get the figures to how they look. And they all look great. Some people may say it's a little too gory, but I think it's spot on. War is not nice. What's next ? Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim this is one of the best diorama's I've seen, following the build thread, knowing what you've had to do to get the figures to how they look. And they all look great. Some people may say it's a little too gory, but I think it's spot on. War is not nice. What's next ? Whatever it is I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you ever so much Ian, glad you like it. Gritty realism is my goal, the real challenge is to know when to stop and then when you think you have gone a bit too far you say ok! post already! BUT! once posted you think DAMN! should have done this or that :/  Just human nature I suspect ^_^ . Thank you again my friend........Jim :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim

Oh, what's next?....HMMMMMMM.... ^_^

SS-men-help-wounded-comrade-kursk-august-1-1943.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
love it Jim,as I said the whole way through the build,I real like the darkness

with the splashes of color,very well done,great placement and show what happened and how,love it, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that would be a very good build as well Jim,your finding some great pics,I don,t often come across them, :S

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
love it Jim,as I said the whole way through the build,I real like the darkness

with the splashes of color,very well done,great placement and show what happened and how,love it, :D

Thanks Moni, played around with lighting and realized dining room chandelier is on a dimmer :S so just adjusted levels to get just the right (I hope) combination of light and shadow, after third round of photos I geuss this is the best I could do, but there's always room for improvement.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
that would be a very good build as well Jim,your finding some great pics,I don,t often come across them, :S

I have BING as a search engine and I just type in what ever comes to mind ie: German soldiers in action ww2, or whatever and "images" pops up and just hit enter

J

John Rixon

Excellent work Jim, love the details, such as the fallen telegraph pole, so plausible. Beautifully painted as ever! Also, you must be the only person I've ever heard of who uses Bing!  ;) . However, it seems to work for you!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks so much John for sparing the time to comment, I always greatly appreciate your kind words. Yeah BING is pretty popular around these parts and it can do every thing any other search engine can do to my knowledge.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I have BING as a search engine and I just type in what ever comes to mind ie: German soldiers in action ww2, or whatever and "images" pops up and just hit enter

ta Jim will,give that a try as google dose not always show what your after, 9_9

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim

You can type in just about any subject and get full web, images and videos, I think it's great.............Jim :smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Another vivid masterpiece! Well done! B|

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Another vivid masterpiece! Well done! B|

Thanks so much Gavin, lotsa firsts in this one for me but my next project will be something totally different (no figures) just a major two kit bash into something absolutely feasible and functional for it's purpose. How I'm going to do it is just as much a mystery to me as to you :S  But I'll GIT ER DONE!..........Jim ^_^

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking for to seeing your future "creation".... O.o B|