STAR WARS IMPERIAL: A.M.TIE.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

To control certain sectors of space the Empire has looked into using mines, nothing new yet these could be haphazard. To counter this a cheap method was developed by Targgon Sint, working for the Siener development department, this company also manufactures the Tie fighter. Like all good ideas it was simple and cost effective. He took a standard Tie fighter, it was stripped of all internals and fitted with a automated intelligence system and a large amount of R-95 explosive. These modified Tie fighters: Automated-Mine-Twin-Ion-Engine are finished in stealth coatings and are deployed to sit in a stand-by mode until called into action-this can be months or years in space. Once a target is scanned and accepted by the onboard computer it is powered up and on route in less than 10 seconds. Despite having no weapons these craft are very difficult to detect until practically on top of the victim, stealth combined with search and weapon jammers and manoeuvrability-throttling up to maximum speed before spinning into a death-dive. The damage caused can be severe, especially if many are deployed, the main value is panic and

uncertainty.

Here we see a A.M.TIE on standy-by, pitted and worn from months in deep space it is still a deadly encounter for any ship straying too close...

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 102868

View attachment 102869

View attachment 102870

View attachment 102871

View attachment 102872

View attachment 102873

View attachment 102874

P3076856.JPG

P3076857.JPG

P3076858.JPG

P3076859.JPG

P3076861.JPG

P3076862.JPG

P3076864.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cool mate where did you get that? And is it a model kit

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks chaps, glad you like it. This is the Revell Tie fighter with a old rota head from a shaver in place of the cockpit, just sprayed it satin black and weathered with aluminum acrylic, a couple of hours work really. All the blurb is made up by me but I liked the idea of this black, deadly, automated Tie's just there...waiting.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You don't see many of these around or I would have got one and done a re paint:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You don't see many of these around or I would have got one and done a re paint:smiling3:
To be honest mate, I was just sat in the shed and thought...go on, something daft and easy.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
To be honest mate, I was just sat in the shed and thought...go on, something daft and easy.
I get like that :smiling3: and sometimes they come out better than if you really did want to do it :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks better , changed my doo dab :smiling3:
Cheers mate, I stared at it and thought...that looks crap, it needs something so, decals and oils added and the black scratched and sanded back in places to show wear.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
cool Idea Si ....... I like it. Five Big Stars for that one.

Peter

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cheers guys, glad you like it.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Darth Vader's voice....."Impressive, my master will approve....";)

Really cool! :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Some very nice metallic finishes on this one Si. Where's the rust!
This is the second piece with no rust...must be slacking Joe. :D