star wars models

J

jimbobjedi

hi all

i am looking to begin a collection of star wars models, which i will build myself. i have looked online but only seem able to find kits for children. could anyone help with the best place to find ADULT star wars models to build?

thanks in advance for your help, may the force be with you!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Look on evilbay for AT-AT, AT-ST etc etc. Loads on there

J

jimbobjedi

well flounder, i dont know if i went to the wrong site but evilbay gave no results for anything star warsy!! lots of christian crap but nothing to do with star wars model kits....but thanks for your response

C

Cooperman69

Lol..... I think he means the Bay of "e"....... eBay (am I allowed to say that word!!)

G

GazB

Have a browse through here :-

star wars models | eBay

There are quite a few including those from AMT ERTL and finemolds amongst others.

Hope that helps a bit!

Last edited:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
lol sorry jimbo. I always call ebay, evilbay as it always takes my money.

B

beav1013

jim, i have found that Finemolds makes the best star wars models. they have the x-wing, y-wing, tie fighter, tie interceptor, slave I, and millenium falcon all in 1/72 scale. they have newer releases of the x-wing, tie fighter and snowspeeder in 1/48 scale.

i have posts on here for my builds of the x-wing, tie interceptor and slave I you can check out. their build quality are second to none in my opinion and are definitely "adult" kits as you put it. i'd say these are the kits you are looking for.

they sadly don't have a walker or at-at (hopefully some day), but if you're looking for the ships, this is the way to go.

i've bought some from this site before: http://www.hlj.com/index.html

These are the star wars kits:

"star wars" | HobbyLink Japan

First Name
Adrian
I'm trying to prise the AMT Gold editions of the X-wing and Tie Fighter, from my friend who happens to have several of each up his loft !