Starfix A4 Skyhawk yes I said Starfix!!!!!

First Name
Mike
\ said:
I can't wait to see it myself tbh :smiling3:
To save you having to hold your breath for an extended period, here's a review of the Starfix 1/54th Bf109:-

http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/fordhams109.htm

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
To save you having to hold your breath for an extended period, here's a review of the Starfix 1/54th Bf109:-http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/fordhams109.htm
cheers for that mate it er did make interesting reading , I actually can't wait to build it when it does come that is , if it does prove unbuildable it will end up as a crashed relic in a field and from reading that it might just make the kit look better :smiling3:

First Name
Mike
There's a contrary side of me that would love to re-scribe and super-detail one of these and then enter it in a contest, just to horrify the 109 aficionados. (Strictly speaking, since modelling contests are supposed to be judged on modelling ability rather than accuracy, it would actually be possible to win with a well-built Starfix kit...)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
There's a contrary side of me that would love to re-scribe and super-detail one of these and then enter it in a contest, just to horrify the 109 aficionados. (Strictly speaking, since modelling contests are supposed to be judged on modelling ability rather than accuracy, it would actually be possible to win with a well-built Starfix kit...)
Do please do it and take photos of the horrified faces :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it, it is a basic kit that cost next to nothing and is an ideal source for messing with, trying techniques and having a great time with your lad...that's the best thing.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to add, that Starfix do a 1/48 109, it is a really terrible kit with little detailing, poor fit and stickers for decals, worth doing if you want to use up some left over paints or just practise on.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Just to add, that Starfix do a 1/48 109, it is a really terrible kit with little detailing, poor fit and stickers for decals, worth doing if you want to use up some left over paints or just practise on.Si:smiling3:
I have one on the way mate lol I'm going to try and build it OOB and do a good job and I do mean try it might well be beyond my skill level lol

P

Paul Daniell

Alan i can't wait to see how good a job ya do on it.

Migrant that's it I think that model makers should be given more marks/points for taking a dog of a kit and making them shine and not just by adding better bits to it or taking parts of one kit and adding it to make it better. would love to see all those who have far better skill then me and my lad have a go at these dog kits and make them look amazing.

P

Paul Daniell

cool just seen it you have done a good job on it.

Cheers Paul

P

phalinmegob

i got a starfix kit on e-bay about 18 months ago for 29p plus p+p. when it came , i opened the box then threw it straight in the bin,awful looking thing, seem to remember it being a ship though not a plane.

P

phalinmegob

actually i just had a look on google images to see if i could jog my memory and it was a spitfire, dont know where the ship came from but that was another bad cheapy kit that went in the bin

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Wow that is cheap, sounds worse than those kitech models

John

First Name
Dave
I've been modelling for nearly 50 years on and off and I'd never heard of Starfix untill now.Just looked on eBay and there are kits going for up to £14.99!.Who would pay that for these rubbish kits when comparable Airfix kits are half the price and far better?.One kit is described as 'P51D Mustang US airforce Jet fighter model kit 1/72!!!'

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well it's arrived , the 1/48 messerchmitt BF 109 G

It's definitely a Messerschmitt but seeing as I'm not two clued up on the variants I could say it's definitely a G but once built I'm sure someone will be able to tell me exactly what it is trying to be at least lol View attachment 79790

image.jpg

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Well it's arrived , the 1/48 messerchmitt BF 109 GIt's definitely a Messerschmitt but seeing as I'm not two clued up on the variants I could say it's definitely a G but once built I'm sure someone will be able to tell me exactly what it is trying to be at least lol View attachment 79639
Should be an interesting experience for you Alan.I hope you are going to do a build thread so we can all 'marvel'at this kit?!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Should be an interesting experience for you Alan.I hope you are going to do a build thread so we can all 'marvel'at this kit?!
Yes ok Dave I think I will let's get down to the nitty gritty of why these kits are considered so terrible lol

I will have to take a look to see what sort of livery I can give this as I don't have an AB so I can't do that mottled effect on the fuselage :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Yes ok Dave I think I will let's get down to the nitty gritty of why these kits are considered so terrible lolI will have to take a look to see what sort of livery I can give this as I don't have an AB so I can't do that mottled effect on the fuselage :smiling3:
Before I used airbrushed I used to do the mottle using a cut down brush with a stippling action.it worked quite well with a bit of practise.