Steady, wait 'til he's right on the bridge!" A 1/72 diorama

P

phalinmegob

i really enjoyed the eccles cake at cosford last year dave, think i ate ron's.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
It's always fun to watch you wriggling Ron, but I gotta say you got out of this one very nicely indeed! :lolGern

PS So I'll be taking both Eccles cakes and stirrers to Cosford then?
Dave, I look forward to both.....Providing 'Gannet' Andrew doesn't scoff all the Eccles cakes first!

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
i really enjoyed the eccles cake at cosford last year dave, think i ate ron's.
And everyone elses too!!!!!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've finally finished the water. I had a look at stagnantish water and saw most had kind'a lumps and bits on the surface, so, as the canal hasn't been used in a long time, that's what I've tried to copy.

I have also added some more greenery to the cut side.

Andy, I really don't think you should go fishing in it mate!

Done with a few coats of ordinary household gloss varnish.

And I've added a diddy rowing boat too....I found this in a small box of bits my late father had when he was doing his models way back. So dad, here's your contribution, I hope you like it, wherever you might be......

The model is as good as finished now ('bout bl***y time, you all cry!) I'm just waiting for a new - to me anyway - camera from eebeegeebeebay, then I can have a play!!

Cheers chaps,

Ron

View attachment 59370

View attachment 59371

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 226.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 222.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the work it looks just like the real thing top s marks

C

CDW

so now you're making us wait even longer to see it.

It's not enough that you go walkabout for months on end, then digress onto Andrew eating all the eccles cakes but now we have to wait untill you get a new camera .... pppffft

.... It's a damn inconvenience !!!

now i've got that out me system ...... it's looking as good as everything else on this we've had a snippet of mate :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Do not, i repeat DO NOT, reduce this to bits as you normally do ..... take it to the show and come away with first prize !!!

...... that is all:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
so now you're making us wait even longer to see it.It's not enough that you go walkabout for months on end, then digress onto Andrew eating all the eccles cakes but now we have to wait untill you get a new camera .... pppffft

.... It's a damn inconvenience !!!

now i've got that out me system ...... it's looking as good as everything else on this we've had a snippet of mate :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Do not, i repeat DO NOT, reduce this to bits as you normally do ..... take it to the show and come away with first prize !!!

...... that is all:smiling3:
What he said!:goodidea:

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic looking water effect ron , it looks just like a breeze is rippling the surface , cant wait to see the finished job , cheers tony

p.s. im with colin - take it to the show competition

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for the encouraging post....................And ppffftt to you lot too!!...Patience is a virgin (or virtue or summat like that)

This model is safe from recycling - it's only the size of a tea tray - so I will be able to find a home for it.

As regards to comps. it's not really my bag. I know I had a dabble at Cosford with my Sniper dio. but that was just a bit of fun and to see other offerings....A certain U Boat and a WW1 diorama comes to mind!!!

We'll see, but thanks for suggesting it might be good enough to show, that pleases me loads.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rememal

MIGHT BE GOOD ENOUGH TO SHOW!!!

Wash your mouth out with soap, that man.

No MIGHT about it.

This dio is a dead cert. show WINNER.

So there. :respect1:

C

CDW

might be?

pfffft !!!!

in the same way the sun "might" come up tomorrow :smiling3:

and don't forget we "pfffft'd" first Ron :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

Excellent work Ron. Cant wait to see some camera effects. I didnt see any fish in there perhaps ill try further down stream lol. 5 Statrs mate.

Andy

P

phalinmegob

spot on ron. tis only a shame we can only give you five stars because it deserves a lot more.

J

Jim Scott

Truly stunning work Ron very very impressive, as phalinmegob mentioned 5 star++

Jim

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I've sat here for the last five minutes trying to think of something original to say.

And dammit I'm speechless.

Can't wait for you to get your new camera Ron, and you can show us it in all it's glory.

Tony.