Steven's 25cm German Heavy Mortar position 1/35 CMK

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven.
Loved the update, great use of figures, placing...... well a bit further back might look better from here. What about two sets of photos one with them well apart, and the next on from the same angle with then slightly nearer, so we can have a better idea. What ever it's your final choice. :smiling4:
Last night here on a TV channel there is a guy who buys military pieces, does them up and sells them. .He went to France and bought a WW1 Trench Mortar, exactly as yours. How on earth they got in to position , as it weight 1/2 a ton.
When they fired it after rebuilding and cleaning it up, it's devastating fire power was quite an impact. Hell to be on the receiving end.
John.

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks Paul and John
Well, John as you say - they took it apart - I have read somewhere that it took four brawny guys to carry the separate barrel and four for the carriage. It must have been a british artillery spotter's worst nightmare - this thing lopping howitzer - sized shells from a nearby position (range was limited) but presenting no obvious target. - blanket shelling in retaliation would only initiate the well known Tit - for - Tat Artillery exchange - hell indeed

Last night here on a TV channel there is a guy who buys military pieces, does them up and sells them. .He went to France and bought a WW1 Trench Mortar, exactly as yours.
Ah the power of the internet..... :smiling:

Well, I will have to bite the bullet and declare that I will not be finishing this in time for tomorrow*s deadline - although the trooper is nearly done save one rifle and mounting , there are a lot of details not completely done and I still will have make more barbed wire.

Our guy as he is now - blast, I forgot to add the ammo pouch (he is a darker field gray IRL) :
jZvOsle.jpg

O1SndCG.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Love the trench work Steven, am watching :thumb2:

Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven.
I agree a great pity about not going to finish in time, but this is so good that finishing it is more important . These last few bits can be so frustrating when your so nearly there.
John
Keep it coming.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Superb... the level of realism you put is fantastic.... i'm watching this with interest