Steve's Bf 109 in a Mistel combination.

K

Kressy_13

That 109 looks great. Should look pretty cool sitting atop the 88. Now a 1/32 mistel would be a sight to behold.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That 109 looks great. Should look pretty cool sitting atop the 88. Now a 1/32 mistel would be a sight to behold.

I stiil think that the entire Mistel concept was daft. I appreciate the history of composite aircraft, on which the Germans drew, but they were pushing the technology, to control the pilotless component too far. It's why, generally, they didn't hit what they were aimed at :smiling3:

Some of the technology they were developing did come to fruition, but after the war.

A 1/32 version would indeed be something to behold. It would need some seriously strong undercarriage on the lower component !!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy_13

I stiil think that the entire Mistel concept was daft. I appreciate the history of composite aircraft, on which the Germans drew, but they were pushing the technology, to control the pilotless component too far. It's why, generally, they didn't hit what they were aimed at :smiling3:

Some of the technology they were developing did come to fruition, but after the war.

A 1/32 version would indeed be something to behold. It would need some seriously strong undercarriage on the lower component !!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Agreed it wasn't a very good idea. Must have seemed like a good idea to someone though. If anything they make a good subject for us modellers. Hahaha. Would almost need to remake the real undercarriage for it.