Steves shilka

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
They utilise the "spray 'n pray" targeting system. Put eneough lead in the sky and you are guranteed "a" hit. o_O
It appears that they are deployed in battery's rather than as single units.

Well, for all it's real life shortcomings it looks like a fun kit to build.:smiling3:

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
true so my advice is DO NOT HIDE BEHIND THE BUILDINGS stay in the sea under water , in an under water home, that way it can not hit you:D

james pithouse

First Name
James
this part i agree with you steve what you found by plato "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

james pithouse

First Name
James
push them together very gently or use twisers like a shoe horn like putting on shoes that's my suggestion for you steve

D

dubster72

The masking tape method might serve you well Steve.

Lay a length of masking tape sticky side up & add the track links to the tape. Once your run is enough, add liquid cement to the gaps. Once the cement is nearly dry, bend the length around the wheels. The tape gives support & helps keep everything in the right place.

Here's how I've done it before
IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0014.JPG
HTH

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The masking tape method might serve you well Steve.

Lay a length of masking tape sticky side up & add the track links to the tape. Once your run is enough, add liquid cement to the gaps. Once the cement is nearly dry, bend the length around the wheels. The tape gives support & helps keep everything in the right place.

Thanks, did think I might try that, won't need glue as they are workable

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
These tracks are so easy to put together, now I have found the correct process. Through trial and error I discovered that the nibs are not the same size, the right hand one been ever so slightly larger than the left one, so insert the link into the right side first then the left link just pops into place. All that's needed first is a quick file and then snap into place. Made 7 runs if 10 in less than 40 minutes last night.

IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3033.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
looking good so far it will look great when on the tank :D still watching

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
About an hours work and both track runs completed, links, put into runs of 10 then all joined together

IMG_3037.JPG

B

Builder

Tracks and wheels done - for me this is the hardest part of AFV kits so well done there Steve, Good luck with the rest of the build.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Started putting bits and bobs onto the chassis last night, couple of parts, dont have any locating points just an arrow on the instruction booklet pointing to where the parts should go;

Also seems that certain area's have been over engineered, for example - the shock 'units' are made from 3 pieces, yet the finished unit is buried in the sides of the chassis - so you only see the front face, also had a few fit issues as well, not helped by some of the sprue attachment points.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Really like the tracks!!:cool:

First Name
colin
Nice work on the tracks steve can't wait to see the rest of your build