Steves zsu-57-2

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don’t think I have constructed something that looks as complex as this 57-2 gun system. Still only about 80% of sprue J (over 100 parts) used , about 6 steps to go. Lots of very, very small bits, even the handle on the big wheel is a separate part, only about 1 mm in length, but has a perfect peg to fit into a minute holed on the wheel. This ‘bit’ of the sighting system, I think that’s what it is part of, has 8 parts in it, and you have to think about the build sequence, working out the best route to fit which bit where first.

IMG_0010.JPG

Looks incredible though.

IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOWSERS!!:eek::confused::eek::confused:

That is is incredible detail on the gun mount!! Dead cool!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

T

Trekkie_John

I'm going to have to stop going fishing, i keep missing great builds. Nice work so far Steve, it's got some detail this kit matey.

Have fun, John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work,Steve,some great detail on that,;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
With the shilka waiting for the paintshop, got back onto this beast, one thing i had been avoiding were the tracks, got totally dis-heartened with the trumpeter working ones, all the effort to remove them from the sprue gates, for some of the pin holes to break, or not be opened and then for the pins not to fit or look like they have fitted only for a run of tracks to come apart. SO for the first time i tried using kit tracks. Made up a simple jig from masking tape and a couple of strips of balsa and of i went, glued them together and waited for 25 minutes, picked them up and wrapped around the idler and drive sprocket. Just need to glue the bottom run together and then can start on the next side, took about an hour to get to this stage.

IMG_0739.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0741.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Whilst waiting for my new airbrush to arrive, I have a couple of review models waiting to go into the ‘paint shop’, and waiting for some dry weather to finish off weathering the turret on the Shilka, I drilled out the 57-2 barrels. Drilled one is the lower of the two in the picture, will need a clean-up of the holes. I dunno how it’s happened but it seems the right side of the cannon assy is protruding about 1mm more than the left, so will require some sanding on the gun attachment to line up both ends of the barrels

barrell.jpg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Bloomin Ella Steve this is looking really good indeed a d that intruder is looking very complex but superbly put together

Very impressive indeed

Regards

Robert

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just caught up with this thread Steve, looking very good indeed. That gun is incredibly detailed.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just caught up with this thread Steve, looking very good indeed. That gun is incredibly detailed.

More parts on just the gun than in most full model kits !, TBF to Takom, they have been quite sensible in how they have devised this 'bit'

T

tommy1drop

Really liking this one Steve, it`s coming along a treat mate;)