Stop the pigeon GB

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok heres one thats been fermenting in me bonce for a good while now .Members of a certain age ( who were kids in the 70s) will no doubt have great memories of watching cartoons on telly, one of my faves being Stop the pigeon (or to give it its actual title 'Dastardly and Muttley in their flying machines' ) As most of us know it consisted of Dick Dastardly , Muttley , Zilly and Klunk , members of the vulture squadron trying to intercept a mail carrying pigeon . In trying to do this they invented countless crazy machines , always ending up in disaster. heres a clip of the opening credits to remind you and give some younger members an idea what its all abouthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4v2mYglS1U
The Group build is this - make your own mad flying machine designed to catch the pigeon ,it can be one youve seen on the cartoon or one of your own design ,just as long as its in the cartoon ww 1 style .Theres no right or wrong, no accuracy issues, its all totally fictional - a rivet counters worst nightmare!! There are plenty of cheap victim kits out there , the Revell ww1 kits can be found for 3 or 4 quid ,at that price you can afford to buy a few if you like and chop them all together . Its also going to involve a good dollop of scratchbuilding , invention and original thinking not to mention a good sense of humour and a childlike mind, although I cant guarantee anyone getting a medal (yeh yeh yeh! medal medal medal !) I reckon a six month build time starting 1st Jan 2018 should be adequate . So whos up for a laugh ?

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers Ian , if i can get this one off the ground maybe later in the year we can try a wacky races scratchbuild? cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers pete , I knew you would be up for it! , tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats exactly it pete , i want to see some ingenious spares box raiding and use of stuff we wouldnt normally dream of sticking on a model!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Ian , if i can get this one off the ground maybe later in the year we can try a wacky races scratchbuild? cheers tony
They have just brought out a new version of the Wacky races on one of the kids cartoon networks on sky. I'd be up for that one too Tony.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry, but I think this is the daftest suggestion for a build in all the years I've been on this forum!

Tony, I thought you were above all this sort of childish nonsense, I really did.

Anyone who is up for this is certainly off their tree, and should know better than to encourage such a ridiculous suggestion.........

Mucker, tha knows a'm in for sure, owd lad.

Yours,
The Road Runner - BEEP BEEP!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers Ron matey, youre another one i thought would go for this one, hopefully we can get enough nutters .. i mean members , to get it up and running , then its a case of letting your imagination run riot!

First Name
Alex
I like this idea a lot. I grew up in the 80's -90's and i remember the cartoon well especially mutleys wheezy snigger. I'm in. Plus its a good excuse to do watch cartoons er... i mean do some research

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Tony.
I think it is a good Idea and I always like to have fun in modelling.
My problem is is that I do so many commission figures these days that I have not had the time to do any of my plastic kits stash.
I usually only do 1 kit at a time...but I reckon as this is a six month project I reckon I could find the time to do this nutter of a build..after all I think I'm the only true nutter on here as I was diagnosed with a Command Hallucinatory Personality Disorder(True)though the meds keep me on a level.
So count me in and I'll catch that pidgeon.
All the best.
Ralph.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
great idea

on another forum (now sadly closed) we used to have every december a 'Wacky Racers Build'.......the idea was to use a failed/stalled kit from the preceeding 11 months and come up with something wacky, emphasis was on having fun not model making prowess, had great fun, distinctly remember a subaru imprezza with a roof chop and rear facing turbine driving a big propeller......and a jet powered truck.......must see if i can find some pics, twas a long time ago

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers lads so thats 5 possibly 6 ( hopefully paul is in too) we only need another four , anyone else fancy the challenge?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Oops forgot to count myself ! So thats 6/7

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not allowed to say 'pencil me in as a maybe' any more and i cant definaly say yes.........but pencil me in as a maybe :p

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Not allowed to say 'pencil me in as a maybe' any more and i cant definaly say yes.........but pencil me in as a maybe :p
i have a sneaking feeling you wont be able to resist this madness paul!:D:D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i have a sneaking feeling you wont be able to resist this madness paul!:D:D

already thinking of what stalled builds ive got and what i can do with them :p

but like all GB's it depends on the 'when' and 'what else is on the go'

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You bunch of nutters!
Well I guess we all knew that lol.
Six months sounds fine, but there are quite a few other builds starting I January, what's the consensus for moving the start date?..