Stop your cutting edge slipping

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I use a steel rule as a straight edge when cutting Plasticard. As it is steel it is quite slippery and I found it hard to stop it sliding away from the line I wanted to cut.

I vaguely remembered someone suggesting sticking small pieces of emery cloth into the jaws of tweezers to stop bits 'pinging' out so I did the same to the back of my rule. No more slipping.

Gern

PS Apologies, but another picture has crept it's way in. Could someone please tell me how I can delete pics I don't want to include in a post?

View attachment 66399

View attachment 66400

View attachment 66401

Cockpit 1.jpg

Rule 1.jpg

Rule 2.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice tip Dave.

But as an added bonus you can now measure how long you sand things :laughing:

I'll get my coat

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Nice tip Dave. But as an added bonus you can now measure how long you sand things :laughing:

I'll get my coat
I'll help you with the buttons ....

Gern

S

Stevekir

\ said:
PS Apologies, but another picture has crept it's way in. Could someone please tell me how I can delete pics I don't want to include in a post?
I don't think you can, once the message and its image has been sent off to the forum.

If you haven't yet sent the message, just select the image and press DELETE on your keyboard. I find that sometimes messes up the order of the images and I have to delete all and then re-install them in the message text.

T

tecdes

If my pictures are not in the order that I want them, Steve, I just grab them & move them about. Put one over the other & the underneath one will move to one side with all the others after it.

Laurie