Stuka B2 Winter Camouflage

T

treyzx10r

WOW ,have to agree with all thats been said ! Polux you've set the bar up a notch with this build,a tall frothy pint is in order! VERY nicely done Sir!!!

S

Sky Raider

That's some build mate. I'm still trying to work my way through these threads, this is a stunner a true 5* if I ever seen one mate. Fantastic!!!!!!

Andy

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks amazing. Fantastic job with the tired paint work.

First Name
Gregg
After seeing this I think I will put my efforts away. AWESOME!!!!!!!!

P

Polux

Yep!!!

Thank you very much friends :smiling3:

All you has been helping me to build this one, thank you!!

Polux

B

BigZimmo

Yeah.....this is an absolutely stunning work, Polux. You've been created a realistic wintercamo. When viewing the model I can feel the cold russian winter.

Well done, mate!!!!! :smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Polux a great build and stunning paint job.

W

Waffen Bucks

Take a bow son, take a bow!!!!

Never seen so many stunning model making skills...the weathering, wear and tear, painting etc etc...simply stunning.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So do you believe me now Ploux. That is a show winner.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
So do you believe me now Ploux. That is a show winner.Ian M
Thanks Ian!

You all "take care" of me so much friends. :smiling3:

But what represent that I have to do with it? I don't want to go at any competition....maybe try to search a magazine that wants to publish it? Post on other forum? O_o

My place is here, and I'm really happy if this plane is a future reference for you...this is the best option ;)

Anyway I must admit, that my serious longing would expose a model in some museum one day:rolleyes:

This should be fantastic!! Anybody works on a museum here? :D :D :D

Thanks again

Polux

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Dont give up on the museum idea polux keep posting pics of your models wherever you can.

I belonged to a couple of car modeling sites from the u s a and when i decided i wanted to havea change from cars i sent photos of my models to the club and after awhile i sent over 75 dragsters that are now on display at the national hot rod museum

B

Bunkerbarge

My aplogies for a late reply but I've been away on a course and missed the end of this build. I can only say how much I have enjoyed this build and watching the various layers going down. As I said before you put more work into your base coats than most people put into thier final coverings. The detail is amazing and the weathering is probably the best I have ever seen on a model. To generate a Winter camoflage on an aircraft that operates under the harshest of conditions is probably one of the most difficult tasks you could have created for yourself but yours simply stunning. My personal favourite part is the transfers. You still see many superb kits with perfectly applied transfers but which stand out because they have been applied too late in the build and so do not recieve the same weathering as the rest of the model. Yours have been superbly weathered and genuinely look like they have been painted on and then weathered as much as the rest of the airframe. Absolutely stunning.

Personally I wouldn't show a model such as this. You are leaving yourself open to the world of rivet counters who seem to feel that they have to come up with a criticism to justify thier existance and yet who are almost certainly not even capable of creating such effects as you have. I do agree totally that this model should be in a museum where it can be enjoyed by thousands of people who will be able to get some sort of idea of just what operating these aircraft really involved. I would send a set of pictures and an e-mail to such places as 'The Imperial War Museum' or the 'RAF Museum' at Cosford, who I would be certain would both very much like to have such a model for display.

P

Polux

Hi Richard.

Thank you very much for this great and encourage comment.

I'm really glad that you like it :smiling3:

Best regards

Polux