Suggestions for SIG Builds for 2013

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Please post suggestion for the coming years Special Group Builds in this thread.

Note the subtle change. No longer Special Interest GB. Just Special Group builds.....I have a plan.

Please get your thinking hats on. I want some spectacular ideas here.

Ian M

A

andyrobs

Hi Ian, howsabout a group build centred around memories of childhood TV show? I got the idea after the build of the firey pheonix from battle of the planets from the recent what if group build. For example mebbe you could do the revell london double decker bus, ties in with the 70s kids show the double deckers

Cheers, Andrew

C

CDW

civilian vehicles adjusted/improvised for wartime.

this should need a bit of research first then a tidy bit of scratch building to make it happen.... should take a while to do really.

T

treyzx10r

Nightfighter one would be great and maybe a Moto one as well;)

P

phalinmegob

a build that must include water,be it pond river sea,or canal not just a puddle or bucket with water in.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
How about "Beauty and the Beast" ? a pair of models ,(aircraft or cars ,I dont think it would work with armour or ships) somehow linked with one being a beautiful specimen of the genre ,the other an ugly dog ie.Supermarine Scimitar and Fairey Gannet. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beerholder but you get the idea , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about something that goes on water which is not a boat/ship (Seaplane, DUKW etc.)

Gern

C

CDW

maybe a "cut and shut".....

two models (tank. boat. car) chopped into one vehicle

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What about Rockets, space rockets, rocket planes, military rockets and rocket launchers, not aircraft or tanks with rocket armament. It can be as easy or as hard as you want to make it.

Tony.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What about a mixed Sci Fi theme. ie Star Wars figures in battle with Warhammer figures.

Gern

P

Polux

Have a idea.... Not crashed!! Just abandoned and rusty, very rusty militar vehicle.

I have seen one model in a magazine and looks pretty nice, interesting and a good theme for practice our skills.

Or a vehicle just go out of factory without painting yet, is Ok too!!

B

Boldman

How about some of these:

Models from a Gerry Anderson TV Series or Movie

Air-Sea Rescue vehicles (includes spotter planes, boats as well as choppers)

WWII figure diorama (ie a diorama or vignette with just figures, no motorised vehicles - maybe a push-bike or hand cart)

Steam powered vehicles or machinery (trains, ships, traction engines)

P

Polux

I love the Andrew idea!!!

Air Sea rescue or any coastguard vehicle too!!

Cheers Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Time to close this thread down. Don't worry I'm not killing it, I just want to start the "new order" up.

If you have a subject that is Specific Make a suggestion in a new thread. When I say Specific, I mean a defined subject. Something along the lines of RAF Aircraft is NOT specific.. RAF Aircraft of 111squadron is. Get the idea? An SIG will need to be on a narrower band than befor, the narrower the better.

Another example could be Formular One cars... to wide a scope. Call it Championship winning F1 cars and we are getting there.

Any way once you have your well thought out suggestion. Something you will be building. Formulate the idea in a New Thread in the SIG Chat section. Try to drum up at least nine others that want to join in. Once the subject has the required TEN participants a forum section will be made and the participants can start their own build thread, as per the normal. I would like to ask that the person that makes the suggestion sets the rules for the build and to an extent moderate the replies; They can always ask me if they are in doubt as to what to do. I will be watching and ready to step up if needs be.

Suggestions that are more suited to a theamed build will be picked up and pointed in that direction.

I realise that this all sounds complicated and scary, but I am sure that we will get used to it quite quickly.

Any comments regarding this are welcome.

Ian M

First Name
Andy
\ said:
civilian vehicles adjusted/improvised for wartime.this should need a bit of research first then a tidy bit of scratch building to make it happen.... should take a while to do really.
/post apocalyptic, Mad Max type of era...