Sukhoi Superjet 100.

N

Netboy

It's arrived, woohoo.

At first look this looks like a nice easy build. One small sprue of transparencies. One decal sheet. One sprue of fuselage, engines etc and one small sprue of wings. Instructions are very simple and occupy four sides of paper.

To my noob eyes the kit looks well made with a reasonable amount of detail for a small scale. Looking forward to this, I'll probably start in anger tomorrow.

WP_20160331_22_42_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20160331_22_43_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20160331_22_43_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160331_22_44_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20160331_22_45_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20160331_22_45_17_Pro.jpg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This looks like a nice kit and even if it's a small kit I can see some nice things happening to this.

Sorry if I say small but not sure of scale 1/144

Looking forward to seeing more

Tagging along

Robert

F

Fenlander

Looks an interesting build, the finish has to be very carefully done on these to get that pristine look we all think they should have.

N

Netboy

\ said:
Looks an interesting build, the finish has to be very carefully done on these to get that pristine look we all think they should have.
Any advice as I progress gratefully accepted.

Noticed that there are no parts for an 'office' on the sprues. I would attempt to bodge an office but I think that it would not be accurate enough and also due to the small scale you wouldn't see anything anyway!

The rows of passenger cabin portholes are very small and have to be glued into place before joining the fuselage together. What in you peeps opinion is the best way to mask them off? A little dab of maskol or similar?

F

Fenlander

I have never done this so I am just going on what I have read. With small windows like these, I have heard of the 'glass' parts being left out then, after painting, Krystal Klear is used to fill the holes. This is a hard PVA like material manufactured by Microscale, the people that make Microsol. This dries clear and so replicates the glazing and eliminates masking issues.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Grahams got it spot on del, i use this for any small transparencies and airliner windows. Its basically pva glue and can also be used to glue on canopies. Cheers tony

N

Netboy

Cheers guys, how do you stop the Krystal Klear just oozing straight through the open window? Or is it quite thick and gloopy?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Its about the consistency of thick pva glue , you take a cocktail stick , dip it in and get a blob on the end then touch it to all the sides of the window opening and draw it across so it forms a film , then carefully withdraw the cocktail stick and leave it to harden and turn clear. cheers tony