Summer 2011 GB Do217N2

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
WOW!! Thats all i can say at the moment Trey, i am truly gobsmacked mate.

Have fun, John

T

treyzx10r

Thanks John!

Good progress this weekend, I scratched ,the 'schrage music' ports out of some sprue

also fitted the canopy and diopole support tubes and blended in the nacelles . I have to go over some panel lines but its real close to being ready for primer

T

treyzx10r

Ian thanks,really ca'nt wait to see the end of this myself!

I finally got it in primer and it needed some serious tweaking, I wet sanded the trouble areas around the canopy ,nose,nacelles ,upper wing joints and lower fuse plug with 600grit then went back over the whole thing with 1000 grit. I'm going to let it set up and dry real good, in the mean time work on the landing gear should keep me busy.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin great Trey

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done Trey. It shows what can be done with determination and a lot of skill. Once you've got the construction finished I bet you'll enjoy the painting,it will seem quite relaxing!

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Its looking the business now Trey.Your patience with the vacform parts has really paid off.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Allyne! Steve thanks for the very nice compliment and you're very right looking forward to the more relaxing part of the process. Dave thanks a bunch the vac forms were really taxing my skill level it was a bit of a leap into the unknown for me.

I did some preshading and got the first color on ,starting to come together!

the preshade came out better than most I've done and stands out a tad more than what shows in the pics

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work trey, the conversion bits look as if theyve grown there!! Looking forward to seeing it in the camo, cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Looking excellent Trey. Did those decals arrive?
Mike they arrived safely thanks again for the help!

Tony thanks, hope to get some paint on it this evening

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just had a brew and read through your build Trey.

Superb perseverence and scratch building going on and no mistake!

Very well done,

Ron

T

treyzx10r

Ron thanks so much!

I used silly putty for the first time and it worked well

aside for some clean up and fine tuning with the details it came out okay I think

First Name
Dave
What have overpriced trainers got to do with this build?!!.Looks like some idiots got onto the wrong site.That aside, your build is looking really impressive Trey.I like the inovative solution to marking out the camo pattern.Wonder what that stuffs called in the UK?.

First Name
Dave
I see the idiot advertiser has had his post removed.Quite right too.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey

Yes the guy posting is a spammer and looks like he has been banned. The camo looks great. I would never have thought of using silly putty great Idea.

Vaughan.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Silly putty! What was that like to work with, does it not shrink back after you stretch it out?.

Paint looks great so I think we can say that it worked!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Dave thanks, not sure if its available across the pond,do'nt see why it would'nt be tho? Maybe a search of a local toy store will turn up some? Vaughan thanks wish I could take credit for the idea but it came from another model forum. Ian thanks ,some say it does'nt stick well enough but I did'nt have that problem and no it does'nt shrink back at all. The one thing you do have to be careful of is not letting the putty you've already placed come in contact with the one you're getting ready to put down,it grabs hold of itself better than it does plastic lol. As always thanks for all the kind words and support,hope to have some more pics tomorrow.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Trey

Very, very nice work. You can be well satisfied with the work on the conversion it's come together really well, not without a few struggles but that makes it all the better when it finally comes together! Looks like you're on the home straight now and I'm looking forward to seeing this Dornier completed,

Cheers

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Paul yes the home stretch is in sight and I'm looking forward to the completion as well. I do'nt remember spending so much time on a build but its been fun stepping outside the comfort zone.