Superglue Tip

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Only useful if you have a fridge near your modeling area, though, I think. If the fridge is in the kitchen downstairs and your hobby room is in the attic, above the first floor, it’s not that convenient :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It also stays workable for longer if you put a drop on the waxed side of double sided tape. Basically, stick down a short piece of double sided tape to a suitable surface and leave the waxed paper on. Doing this you can put at drop of CA on the tape, and then dip and come again for about thirty minutes….

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A bit unrelated really,but as the subject is around..........
For basic assembly i like to use Revell Contacta..... gives a good seal after a while,and allows some "Wriggle Room" for those fits, that sometimes,are tricky to get"Just right"!
Problem is,(and this has happened to me LOADSA times over the last few years),i get fed up with it suddenly refusing to drip from the needle when there`s obviously at least half of the glue still in the pot!!:tired:
Anyone got over this particular problem?!
Andy

Reactions: JR

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Problem is,(and this has happened to me LOADSA times over the last few years),i get fed up with it suddenly refusing to drip from the needle when there`s obviously at least half of the glue still in the pot!!:tired:

pull the needle out with a pair of pliers, hold over naked flame like a candle......glue inside will ignite.........wipe clean and push back in the bottle

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
pull the needle out with a pair of pliers, hold over naked flame like a candle......glue inside will ignite.........wipe clean and push back in the bottle
I`ll try that Paul,
Thanks,sounds like a plan:thumb2:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
All seems a bit long winded, though fun……I just unblock it with a thin wire…
Yeah,I get that Tim,..... it`s a great idea if it works,but i`ve tried it,and unless i`m using inferior small gage wire,it`s just not man enough?!:angry:
Andy

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yeah,I get that Tim,..... it`s a great idea if it works,but i`ve tried it,and unless i`m using inferior small gage wire,it`s just not man enough?!:angry:
Andy
Did someone say FIRE!!!!! ;) :smiling2: :smiling2:. Don't tell Comrade Race!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Where ?