T-28 Trojan Trainer

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys and gals,

Well, I am back at it. Having gotten another shot in my neck, I haven't felt much like building the last two days, but today I had to do something.

So, today I built Monograms 1:48 scale T-28 Trojan Trainer. And with all the leaves still on the ground and me in no shape to rake them, I once again brought the model to "eye-level" by placing it on the hood of my truck for the pictures.

Here she is:

hmmmmm, now what to do for the rest of the day....I know! I'll start another one lol.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

D

dsamuel

That is excellent!

What paint / primers etc did you use?

It only took you a day???

I couldn't do that well if I spent all year on it.

Also,

B

Bunkerbarge

Nice job Greg, as always. The outdoor shots still look good even with the smooth surface.

Maybe a piece of grey cloth or something similar would give a reasonable concrete effect.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy DSamuel and Bunker,

Thanks for the kind words about my model. Thanks for the grey cloth Idea Bunker, I might have to try that since I am currently unable to get down to ground level to take the shots.

And DSamuel, lol, you will laugh when I tell you this, but I used wal-marts spray enamel (Sun Yellow).....it costs less than a dollar for a large can. The details were done with testors enamels.

And as for how long it took lol, this should really blow your mind since you are new here, I am some what of a "speed builder" this model took me about 2 & 1/2 hrs start to finish (I have a bad neck so I am not moving as fast as I used to lol). Up until my neck started bothering me, I have on occassion, built two models in a day on days I didnt have to work.

But again, I wanted to thank both of you for your comments, have a good day,

Greg

R

rjwood_uk

a very nice model there greg as usual, and the walmarts spray can its a nice finish!

what do you have planned next?

oh and just to let you know i have found the 1/48 revell EA-6B :smiling3: along with the cutting edge wing fold set, black box cockpit set, eduard detal set with either some nice aeromaster decals or some super scale decals :smiling: finaly!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy RJ,

Thanks for the kind words. And yes, the "wal-mart brand spray paint does a pretty nice job. And at about $1.00 per can, you cant beat the price.

As for whats next, well, I thought long and hard about that today after I posted the trojan photos and never got around to building another model today.

I am looing hard at an XB-70 Valkyrie in 1:72 scale, but its huge and I am not sure if I want to start on it yet.

But then there is all the civillian aircraft i have, the cessna's, the pipers, the beechcraft etc.....

and the wwII aircraft like the huge 1:48 B-29 and B-17 and B-25 and B-26 etc.............

Thenthere are the WWII fighters and the modern warbirds.....I wont even begin to list them lol.

I guess what I am saying is I am not sure what is next, but i dont go back to work until the 21st of january at the earliest according to my Dr.

But I am about to go crazy on the days i dont feel like building so I am sure i will start on another one tomorrow....heck, I still have a T-28D Trojan (the one above is the "B" model) that needs to be built. I considered doing it as the National Aeronautical and Space Administrations (NASA) T-28 Lightning research aircraft which flies into thunderstorms for the sole purpose of being struck by lightning and hailstones to measure their affects on aircraft.

Anyway, I am sure that I will build another model of some sort tomorrow, think of it this way, we will both be suprised when "we" find out what I am building lol.

Have a good day and thanks again,

Greg

ps: RJ, I havent forgotten the things i told you i would mail to you, I have three of them ready, a few more to go then i will mail them

R

rjwood_uk

ps: RJ, I havent forgotten the things i told you i would mail to you, I have three of them ready, a few more to go then i will mail them
3!! i thought it would be 2 at the most lol. thanks alot!

i highly recomend you make one of the massive 1/48 wwII birds, either the B-29 or B-17 :smiling3: now them i would love to see!!! especially with B-17 (maybe a nice alclad II spray job or maybe even a dip into the metal foil work if you have never done it?

Richard

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy again RJ,

well, I have seriously considered the B-29 recently, but not as a wwII era aircraft. I completed the Bell X-1 "Glamourous Glennis", Chuck Yeagers "Mach buster" aircraft a couple months or so ago and was looking to build the B-29 as the "Mothership" or "launch platform for that model.

But.... the alcad paint job on the B-29 would look good too....oh great, now see what ya have done? Now I have yet another decision to make lol.

You only thought 2? lol, nope, I am looking at atleast 4, possibly 5 to be mailed to you. I will let ya know via email when i ship them.

Have a good day,

Greg

ps: that XB-70 in 1:72 scale is hollaring my name too lol, I dont know whats next, depends on how i feel as to what i start next. display space is a consideration also, those wwII birds and the valkyrie are all huge.

I did come across a link to a review of the B-29 found here: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal4/3301-3400/gal3331_B-29_Stark/gal3331.htm

and here is a photo of the builders B-29 (note: this is not my build, shown for demo purposes only). This model was built by Andy Stark.

02.jpg

And here is a build review of the XB-70 by Dave Tietjen found at this link and an accompanying photo of his build:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal4/3801-3900/gal3812_XB-70_Tietjen/gal3812.htm

01.jpg