T6 "Texan" (Harvard) 1:48 scale

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Guys,

Ok, well I am "back in the saddle" again. After a couple months of just "fiddling around" with several models, I decided to "buckle down" and go ahead and complete one.

My Aircraft of choice was the North American T6 "Texan" or as my British and Canadian friends would call it, the "Harvard"

This is Italeri's 1:48th scale model of this famous wwII trainer. It contains about 50 pieces (more or less), and goes together really well. There are options for 4 aircraft from 4 different countries.

Construction, Painting, Decal placement and everything took about 3 hrs.

If you like this particular "warbird", I would recommend it to anyone.

Below are some photos of the completed model:

I seem to have developed an affection for the old "Yellow" color schemes used by the United States on their prewar and Training aircraft. ( See my F2 F2 "Flying Barrel", Boeing Steerman PT 17, In my Gallery and I have a Boeing P 26 "Peashooter" in the works).

I plan to complete the "Peashooter" in the near future, its already painted, just not assembled.

Have a good day and a Happy New Year,

Greg

Last edited:
I

IainM

Hi Greg,

I dooooo like your Harvard! Looks really nice .......

There is one which flys pretty regularly from Edinburgh airport and, being pretty much on the flight path, I've kinda got to know its particular sound!

A long time since I got involved in flying things ...... the rate I crashed them exceeded my budget!! So roll on static models I say.

Never the less, seeing this, I still do fancy returning to the fold so to speak. (Via the flying boat route perhaps?)

Well done!! And good luck with your 'Peashooter'!

Iain

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Greg congratulations on another little masterpiece,yes that yellow scheme looks stunning,I also like the drooped flaps which add a real air of relism to your model.

The cockpit framework looks good as well.