Tag Picture Quiz

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
OK all, looks like I got you beat so I’ll give the answers...
It’s a North Eastern class EE1 steeple cab loco. It runs using a 1500 V DC overhead electric system. These bits were answered by Patric and could have been by Jon I think.....
The hard bits....
The cab lamps were also rated at 1500 V DC, which could give dangerous shocks when being changed. All early electric locos had this issue as far as I know.....
The crew were therefore supplied with insulated drivers caps so they could safely change the bulbs when required....Paul got close to this without realising
Not sure who goes next, but I would say Paul, simply for inspired guesswork....
Cheers
Tim

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tim,

Can I pass the baton to Patrick please, he was the first with the loco type and voltage.

The wiring diagram I found for one of these loco's threw me off a little as it had a primary voltage of 1500V DC and a secondary voltage of 600V DC. Further research seemed to draw a blank as to how the cab's internal lights were changed.

Paul.
:smiling2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Paul
I got this info many years ago from a locomans autobiography of his early working life read during my railway modelling days. I thought it was so strange that it stuck.....
Impressed that you found the wiring diagram though, the wonders of the internet......I was an LSWR modeller and used to have to find GA drawings from books and archive sources such as the South Western Circle. Life became much easier for me when companies like Wild Swan started filling the gaps....surprised no one has done this as a military modelling resource really....
I would suspect the secondary 600 V DC system was used in tunnels on a third rail type arrangement....
Cheers
Tim

C

Crazy Pat

Don't know if i'm meant to go or not.
so here is one
try again.jpg what is is it?
and where is this particular one found and what does it do?

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
I think it's a Hagglund All-Terrain fire and rescue vehicle. Snowy mountain area of New South Wales.Wilderness search and rescue etc.
Jon.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Hi Pat.
I didn't know it but googled" tracked fire and rescue vehicle".Thought it might be Canadian at first.
Ok. What's this,what is it for and who operates it?
7187541799_26a2e15077.jpg

C

Crazy Pat

it is an Army work boat equipped with firefighting equipment and can be used as a tugboat. Built 2008 by Warbreck Engineering Services, UK. Owned & Managed: Royal Logistics Corps, United Kingdom.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
yes Jon you got the correct answer first. is must have to easy. how did you find it?:thumb2:
Though I’m not Jon and the question has already been answered, I’ll add that when I looked at your photo my first thought was “BV-206 or whatever the number of this variant is”. Though I might add it may help that I took a series of photos of one some years ago :smiling3:

C

Crazy Pat

yer sorry Jon i cheated and looked up the reg:upside:
so here is another
geuss again.jpg
so what is this and who was it created for and why?

C

Crazy Pat

i can only guess a westland whirlwind helicopter at a museum somewhere in England