Tag Picture Quiz

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Let’s have a tag picture quiz! Not a quiz about tags attached to pictures, but one where the person who gets it right is now “it” and supplies the next picture.

Rules:
  • Someone posts a picture that shows a real-world subject (not a model of one, except for fantasy or sci-fi subjects where you can’t help but post model photos) that fits in with the kinds of things being modelled on this forum.
  • The picture may show the whole subject or some detail of it, but must show enough that the subject is identifiable from it. Just a bolt head in the middle of a panel, for example, could be anything and so is essentially unguessable, but only a car’s grille or just a couple tank’s roadwheels might be enough to identify the subject and so would do.
  • When a picture is posted and you think you know what’s in it, reply to say what you think it shows. Don’t post a picture of your own yet, else it’s going to be difficult keeping track of who has answered what correctly and whose turn it is to post a new picture.
  • The person who posted the picture decides whether a correct answer has been given. If so, he or she indicates who gave that correct answer (preferably choosing the first or the “most correct” one), and that person now gets to post a new photo for everyone else to take a guess at.
Since this forum caters to all kinds of modelling, my suggestion is that the new picture be in a different category than the last one — for instance, if the picture that was just answered correctly showed an aircraft, it might be a good idea to post a car, or a train, or a ship, or whatever that’s not an aeroplane for the next one.

Also, you may want to make sure that photos you upload don’t have a filename that gives the game away — a filename such as, say, “P-51B fuel filler cap detail.jpg” just might make it a bit easy to guess what it is you posted :smiling3:

I’ll start with what should be a fairly easy one, given that it shows the whole vehicle:

F-3182_mid.jpg

C

Crazy Pat

is it a Universal Carrier, also known as the Bren Gun Carrier

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
First of all: thank you for replying, so I know at least someone is interested in this thread :smiling3:

Unfortunately, though, that’s not the correct answer — but, I have to admit, exactly the one I was hoping for when I selected the photo.

C

Crazy Pat

First of all: thank you for replying, so I know at least someone is interested in this thread :smiling3:

Unfortunately, though, that’s not the correct answer — but, I have to admit, exactly the one I was hoping for when I selected the photo.
you are probably right but it looks awfully like it:smiling2::smiling3::smiling:
Universal_carrier_(mortar_carrier)_9-08-2008_14-53-48_(2).JPG
straight off wikipedia

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like a Vicars-Armstrong carrier to me...

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lloyds Carden weapons carrier... as a guess?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jakko

Its a scout carrier from the 51st Highland Division with Light Tank Mk VIs on the horizon. Somewhere in France or Belgium 1940

Steve

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s indeed a Scout Carrier, which looks an awful lot like a Universal Carrier from the right-hand side. The main visual difference is that the Scout carrier doesn’t have a sidewall on the left-hand side, as you can just see in the photo I posted.

So the first correct answer was by Gary MacKenzie, who gets the honour of posting a new picture :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Gary I thick it could by the Lamborghini Cheetah.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

German WW2 prototype circular-winged aircraft.
f079873f973927ce5548947175bb125c.jpg

Good luck.
Pete.