Tag Picture Quiz

Marty

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Nice one Jakko....always something new out there...if only the manufacturers would take a chance now and again!!....will try something a bit different for me this time.....one for the wingy guys...image.jpeg
Good luck...Marty

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks British to me … Some research makes me want to say Bristol Buckingham:

bristol-buckingham-medium-bomber.jpg

… but I’m not 100% sure because the engine cowlings on this aircraft seem to be longer than on the one you posted.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’d say that is spot on...the difference being open vents on the IP....but we should wait for the official thumbs up.
Cheers
Tim

Marty

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
:thumb2::thumb2:...correct Jakko..and Tim is right about the cowlings...changes the look but obviously not enough!!....lovely family of aircraft...the Buckingham,Buckmaster and the Brigand....picked up this Valom kit on eBay a while ago...hadn't heard of these before this.....image.jpg
Back to u mate....cheers. Marty

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s been a bit easy so far, so let’s try something a little harder:

91846DB8-1D9D-4DC6-85C3-D28680458C15.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That, unfortunately, isn’t the right answer :smiling3: If it were, I’d have to wonder how your brother would ever get anything into that van.

Since nobody seems to be able to guess, let me give a clue: count the wheel wells in the photo.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
The real answer is I don't know but I'll have a punt with Dingo scout car.
Jon.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Sorry, neither of those two.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
german half track of some kind?
Neither of those have wheel wells visible on the inside, so no.

As in the Canadian version of the M113 C&R? That would make it a tracked vehicle, which also means it has no wheel wells.

Aha.This could be a BRDM-2.
And we have a winner! Your turn.

It’s actually a BRDM-2RKh, the chemical warfare reconnaissance variant — to be precise, the one in Bovington (if it’s still displayed there, the photo is from 2002). I stuck my camera through one of the hatches in the front hull roof to take this photo.

Here’s a view of the whole vehicle (but a different one I found online):

harvey-black-0851_zpsllax092q.jpg

For those not familiar with the BRDM-2, the reason I mentioned the wheel wells is because BRDMs are eight-wheelers, even though it usually looks like they have only have four. There are two retractable, chain-driven wheels on each side between the front and rear wheels. In the photo I posted, you can see the wheel well for the left front wheel at the right of the picture, and to the left of that, the smaller wells for the two retractable wheels on that side.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like a French Hussar, but the colours are wrong for the 4th regiment....I’m going to need to dig into my reference books a bit....hmmmmm!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Jon
The references are saying 8th regiment French Hussars, but the shako plume is wrong.....should apparently just be black.
I assume the number on the blanket roll is the company number? Initially I thought the Pellise was grey, which threw me a bit...stil not convinced I’m right....could be one of the German states...
Cheers
Tim