Tag Picture Quiz

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
There seems to be two sets of vision blocks.Is there another vehicle right behind this one? If so I'll go for M113A3.
Jon.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You’re all getting warmer, but you’re not there yet. Yes, there are two sets of vision blocks (you can see that in the first photo I posted too, BTW), but no, there isn’t a vehicle behind the one in the photo.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
One of those weird IDF mashups of a 113 or The Brazilian IFV?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
M-114, they were tiny and cramped but I can't remember where the motor was mounted. The last pic shows the trim vane from a 113A1 too. The M-113 family all had the motor next to the driver on his right.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It's a Command and Recon prototype M-113A1 Modified, similar to the Lynx. Motor moved to the rear and had a crew of 3. Manufacturer was FMC, but not put into production for the US Army…..

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
One of those weird IDF mashups of a 113 or The Brazilian IFV?
No and no.

M-114, they were tiny and cramped but I can't remember where the motor was mounted.
To the right of the driver. And no, it’s not an M114.

The last pic shows the trim vane from a 113A1 too. The M-113 family all had the motor next to the driver on his right.
Are you sure about that?

That’s just an M113 hull with a twin TOW turret instead of the commander’s hatch. This is not that.

Struggling with this!
You don’t say :tongue-out:

It's a Command and Recon prototype M-113A1 Modified, similar to the Lynx. Motor moved to the rear and had a crew of 3. Manufacturer was FMC, but not put into production for the US Army…..
You’re →← this close. One more try?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
And we have a winner :smiling3: It’s the M113 C&V (Commando & Verkenning, “Command & Reconnaissance”) with 25 mm turret in the War Museum Overloon.

(All my pics of this vehicle can be found by following this link.)

It’s the Dutch version of the vehicle the Canadians call the Lynx, but for some reason that one is a lot better-known even though they only had about half as many as “we” did. I think I need to do some research to get the facts right and make the Wikipedia page on it a bit more balanced.

Anyway, over to you, Allen.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That was a tough one!!! While in the military I drove or commanded all three US M113 models. The steering joysticks were wild on the A1 and A2 models!

So, here is a sorta easy one...…….
Trailer.jpg
What was this trailer used for??? Extra points if you can tell me the designation too...A few of you out there do know this….

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
A mobile dog house?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting, not food and not living things......horizontally symmetrical sides are a teaser, as are the ladders on the end, but can’t see it clearly enough to determine the opening mech. So going for a macabre idea out of left field, is it a wagon for transporting dead bodies for burial?
Cheers
Tim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Going by the apparent clue that no living creatures use the trailer, I’m also tending to think it’s some kind mega-hearse.