Takom M3 Grant

E

Evan James

Tony where do you get your fish and chips? I've got to get some... :smiling5:
The Grant looks great mate, and your building them so fast, I'm worried your not sleeping... :tears-of-joy:
ev

T

Tony Lee

Evan not much sleep i've been having chest pains that wake me up during the night. I take a nitro pill and try to go back to sleep.

Anyway we've got tracks,some crew and more parts.
100_3619.JPG100_3620.JPG100_3621.JPG

Registered Rednecks near die they just pull another M3 out of the stash.:smiling:
Tony lee

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks like you forgot a wheel :smiling3:

Are they that easy to remove from the built model, by the way?

T

Tony Lee

Jakko a spot of thin Tamiya stuck the wheel to the rocker arm and I didn't want to force it.
I don't have any trouble installing or removing those wheels myself.

Tony lee

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve never seen one of these kits up close, but from your photo it looks like the axles are just little stubs that the wheels fit between. A lot better than on most Sherman kits I’ve built, on which the axles go all the way through so you can’t remove the wheels for painting. For my Sherman V I’m still debating whether to leave the bogies off to ease painting the tyres, or stick them on so I can build the tracks before painting (since the end connectors come off too easily on some links, I’ll have to glue them). This M3 seems to be much easier in that regard,

T

Tony Lee

Yeah these axles go all the way through too but I cut them only leaving enough to hold the wheel on.

Started getting the base colors on my Grant today,the 7th AD scheme was by request.

100_3636.JPG100_3637.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
A very neat build and a great start to the paint job. A useful tip about cutting the axles so the wheels click in and out :thumb2:
Jim

E

Evan James

It's a good trick first demonstrated 20 years back in MM by Mr Zaloga. Looking great Tony, nice choice of camo too.
ev

T

Tony Lee

Tony,
Looking really nice great job on the paintwork.
Scottie
I wasn't too sure how the paint would turn out being my first time to try this scheme but it's being well received by my peers in the hobby,I hope they're just not being nice.

Thanks Scottie
Tony lee:thumb2: