Tamiya 1/10 porsche 911 rsr

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I know very little about rc cars (built several ships)
I've convinced my missus to get it for me for my 65th birthday I've a bundle which includes everything to get it running for 196 quid
John could you do a bundle like that for similar money.
Are there any problems with the kit, will it be too fast for a complete newbie, how easy are cars to control (ships, or the type I've built tend to be slow and so very easy to control) how robust are they (ships tend to be quite fragile)

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Don't know if it's the same one but I've got the rsr 911 gt3, 62 mph nitro,2 speed gearbox which is adjustable, does go through tyres pretty quickly, won't be too fast if you don't give it the full beans. Yes you can break and bend stuff, I brought lots of alloy upgrade suspension parts and mounts which are stronger, I've an off roader that does 40mph I've bent the chassis in half on that one lol.

D

Deleted member 3568

It's the earlier version in martini livery (assuming I use that of course)
So is the speed easily controlled could I start off really slow till I got used to it.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Yeah just give it much gas as your comfortable with, it'll bog down a little bit at low rpm and running it rich will slow it a bit as well, you'll suss that blipping the throttle on and off works for going slow as it needs a few rpm for the clutch to bite, you can set when it changes to second gear, set it for an early gearchange and that will lessen the acceleration a bit also.Just start off in a nice open space and you'll get the feel for it in relative safety.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds fun Ken enjoy.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the info mate, I've got a bit of a wait though birthday not till October