Tamiya 1/100 F4E/J

T

TonyBv9

I had given up on finding the model I wanted, as all the 1/72 Hasegawa F4s are way too expensive. Then, while looking for paints, I stumbled across this:

It was at the irresistible price of £1.95 - along with all the others in that range. Not the model I was after, but it will do. I've never built in 1/100, but I'm trusting Tamiya on this one. It should arrive in a few days.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice find Tony, a great price on that kit. I just dug out my very old Airfix Phantom and I think I will do that next when I return from my week away.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Tony. I have heard they are good.

Joe. Are you building it in the SIG, I can't recall. Please feel free to join in.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I didn't see a SIG Ian. I'll try to find your thread. Sounds like a good idea, I only found the F4 last night and thought I would change from World War II stuff for a bit.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Slightly embarrassing, I didn't realise this thread was actually inside the Phantom SIG section as I saw the post under the What's New header. Woops! :wheelchair:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:laughing:

Been there done that.

Ian M

First Name
Michael
Hi Tony, I've build most of the kits in this Tamiya 1/100 'Combat Series', they're great little kits, the Tamiya engineering quality really comes into its own in these smaller scales I think.

They make great models, not built this one but if its anything like the other I'm sure you'll love it. For the money they are hard to beat in my book, M.

T

TonyBv9

Thanks Michael. The place I bought the F4 had all the range at £1.95. I fancied the MiG 19 and 21; maybe I'll get them.