Tamiya 1/12 Ducati 900cc & rider,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
calling this one all done,:rolleyes:
I do hope you like this ,as its my first large scale, bike other than 1,35,
the decals for it were ,far gone,so I ,lefed them off,maybe ler ,I will get some,once
,I get my head around $23.oo for a set,:confused:,
must say what a great build this was,fantastic,fit no problems,if I could fault some
think would be a bit better with the pluming would help,
well I did enjoy this one,;)

well hope you like,this one,:D
comments most welcome,:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20161211_184845.jpg
    20161211_184845.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20161211_184859.jpg
    20161211_184859.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20161211_184911.jpg
    20161211_184911.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20161211_184915.jpg
    20161211_184915.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20161211_184928.jpg
    20161211_184928.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20161211_184940.jpg
    20161211_184940.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20161211_184944.jpg
    20161211_184944.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 59

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I love this Moni-the lines and curves are so well executed that it brings the model to life...oh, yeah...the bike looks okay too :D

D

Deleted member 4539

Real nice work on this Monica:smiling3:.
Is the figure the same scale as the bike?.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I love this Moni-the lines and curves are so well executed that it brings the model to life...oh, yeah...the bike looks okay too :D
:D ta Si,very happy that you do like this one,and yes the bike was,jusy some think ,well say like a hand bag for her,:rolleyes:

Real nice work on this Monica:smiling3:.
Is the figure the same scale as the bike?.
real glad that you this one Ralph,
no she is not the same scale,real don,t know what scale she is stands about 8/9 inch,or 210 mm what ever that works out to be,:confused:
so what I did is raised the bike ,by about 12mm ,not real forced perspective,because only working on a death of 180mm,but
I do think it helped with tricking the eye a little :rolleyes:;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Just a touch difficult to concentrate on the bike, but that's because your figures are always so good.

P

PWick

Monica, on the question of the decals. Are they damaged/split or worn away? I am building a number of older made Nascars at present where here in the UK, after market Nascar decals are non-existant.
I have a clear gloss laquer, or clear gloss acrylic. Hang the decals on a clothes peg ensuring that the peg doesn't touch any of the decals. Apply the clear gloss as per the spray tin instructions, properly shaken, from about 30 Cms or a foot away, leave to dry, should only be 1/2 an hour and apply a second coat from the same distance and again let dry.
When you want to lay them on the kit, cut round the decal very close to the edge of the decal, the clear coat will hold the face of the printed decal together. I have had to carefully get a craft blade between the paper and the decal just to release it from the paper, once done it should with great care slide onto the wet surface of the kit where needed. Touch dry / smooth the decal with a kitchen towell/tissue, so at not to move it out of place.
I always leave for a day or so and apply a film of clear gloss all over to stop the decal coming away once dried.
Sorry if I'm trying to teach granny to suck eggs as they say here in the UK, but doing this is far cheaper than buying after market decals. I also have leart to scan decals onto my PC and print onto either clear or white backed decal paper.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Outrageous!!:eek::cool:

Amazon woman and her cute lil' Mike Hailwood Replica Ducati!:smiling3::smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Just a touch difficult to concentrate on the bike, but that's because your figures are always so good.
so very glad that you do like this one,Colin,and she is there to distract away from not having decals,lol,:D

Monica, on the question of the decals. Are they damaged/split or worn away? I am building a number of older made Nascars at present where here in the UK, after market Nascar decals are non-existant.
I have a clear gloss laquer, or clear gloss acrylic. Hang the decals on a clothes peg ensuring that the peg doesn't touch any of the decals. Apply the clear gloss as per the spray tin instructions, properly shaken, from about 30 Cms or a foot away, leave to dry, should only be 1/2 an hour and apply a second coat from the same distance and again let dry.
When you want to lay them on the kit, cut round the decal very close to the edge of the decal, the clear coat will hold the face of the printed decal together. I have had to carefully get a craft blade between the paper and the decal just to release it from the paper, once done it should with great care slide onto the wet surface of the kit where needed. Touch dry / smooth the decal with a kitchen towell/tissue, so at not to move it out of place.
I always leave for a day or so and apply a film of clear gloss all over to stop the decal coming away once dried.
Sorry if I'm trying to teach granny to suck eggs as they say here in the UK, but doing this is far cheaper than buying after market decals. I also have leart to scan decals onto my PC and print onto either clear or white backed decal paper.
thank you Patrick,for all your help,there were,pitted,color loss,and brittle,as well,so all you don't wont,I got,:rolleyes:
all above is very useful and handy info to remember,and next time if not to far gone,will try that,;)

Outrageous!!:eek::cool:

Amazon woman and her cute lil' Mike Hailwood Replica Ducati!:smiling3::smiling3:
very glad that you like this ,Gavin,I had the figure,and needed some prop to go with her,;)

Cracking work Monica, and it's a pity about the decals, but still a very good build.
so glad that you like this one,Ian,it is but oh well,the girl is the distract,:D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Dave,I know there not the perfect match,just more a prop for each other,;)

M

m1ks

calling this one all done,:rolleyes:
I do hope you like this ,as its my first large scale, bike other than 1,35,
the decals for it were ,far gone,so I ,lefed them off,maybe ler ,I will get some,once
,I get my head around $23.oo for a set,:confused:,
must say what a great build this was,fantastic,fit no problems,if I could fault some
think would be a bit better with the pluming would help,
well I did enjoy this one,;)

well hope you like,this one,:D
comments most welcome,:rolleyes:

If it helps I can scan my MHR decal sheet and email it to you so you can print your own?
Only just noticed this is an older thread than I thought, not been on here for a while but the offer is there.