Tamiya 1/32 scale P51D Mustang 'Passion Wagon'

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
MRP paint and some Vallejo for brush painted detail. OOB except for the superb Kits World decals and Eduard Steel Seat belts.

I did a full detailed review of the MRP paints in the review section and a build thread in that section.

The aircraft is well photographed but this depicts her earlier that most photos. Before D Day, no tail fillet, six kills only. Sources are divided on whether there were white wing istripes on the wings. Both may be right and I decided to leave them off.

This is my final Tamiya Mustang build having built three now but I have one more P51 I want to build which will be the Zukie Mura kit.

I hope you like it.

IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2492.JPG IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2495.JPG IMG_2496.JPG IMG_2497.JPG IMG_2498.JPG IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2502.JPG IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPG IMG_2508.JPG

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Another great build Barry. Subtle weathering has made this build very realistic. Another master piece one to be proud of.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job as ever. Your build just got me thinking. If I was a pilot, I'm not sure I would want to advertise how many of the enemy I had 'dealt with'. The enemy might just try a bit harder to add you, to their score.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Great job as ever. Your build just got me thinking. If I was a pilot, I'm not sure I would want to advertise how many of the enemy I had 'dealt with'. The enemy might just try a bit harder to add you, to their score.
LOL - or they may want to avoid being the next and get the hell out of the way!!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb build barry . Your threads are always a pleasure to follow, i think its better to give details of how somethings done when possible during a build and you always do that. The paintwork is particularly well done , lovely fading and modulating of the colours , looking forward to the next one , cheers tony

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Great build, and the build thread was a interesting and informative.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
LOL - or they may want to avoid being the next and get the hell out of the way!!!
Good point. I think I might err on the side of caution though. Maybe really small markings that can't be seen from a distance.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build, great build thread Barry. Lovely finish, I look forward to seeing your next build in action.