First Name
Si.
Very nice indeed.

Si:smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I am not much of a war plane man but this one i do like all i can say is WOW.

peter t

P

Polux

Sorry Ian, I missed this one!!

Excellent work in all the senses. Very nice and lovely details.

Great build!

Cheers. Polux

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Thanks Dave. There are lots of Spitfires, I'll give you that but the Spitfire is one of the most popular aircraft and you can never have too many Spitfires.Ian M
Excellent build Ian, and yes, you can never have too many Spitfires.

B

Bunkerbarge

Ian I think this is the first one of these I have seen built, apart from magazine examples. Stunning detail and beautifully put together but I have to admit to being surprised at spending around 100 quid then having to buy after market stuff to get the Rolls Royce name on the rocker covers!

The bottom line is really, do you think it is good value for money when you think you could get five other Tamiya kits of a pretty good standard and size for the same money?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL I know what you mean Richard. I just could not bring myself to build it and not have the Rolls logo. I bought some bits to convert it to an E wing so got them at the same time.

They (tamiya1/32) are a bit pricey but like all things after a year or so the price falls a bit. I think I got mine for £85- Jo still not cheap but on the other hand it took four times as long to build as say one of their 1/48 scale kits, which is my normal scale for flying things...but would I buy/build an other... Oh yer!

Glad that you like it.

Ian M

T

tecdes

That is very nice Ian. very crisp & like the distressing marks on the wing root area. Also that engine is really nice looks as the real job. Nice to see an engine as all the owrk that goes into them to be on average lost.

Laurie

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Ian I think this is the first one of these I have seen built, apart from magazine examples. Stunning detail and beautifully put together but I have to admit to being surprised at spending around 100 quid then having to buy after market stuff to get the Rolls Royce name on the rocker covers!The bottom line is really, do you think it is good value for money when you think you could get five other Tamiya kits of a pretty good standard and size for the same money?
The issue of the Roll Royce logo was discussed some time ago on another forum and a strong opinion was expressed that many Mk9's and XVI's did not have it on the rocker covers. I don't think it was ever determined definitely whether they did or not, perhaps some did and some didn't but that may explain why the Tammy kit does not have it.

It is a superb kit though and without a doubt the best Spit in any scale and well worth the price.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
The issue of the Roll Royce logo was discussed some time ago on another forum and a strong opinion was expressed that many Mk9's and XVI's did not have it on the rocker covers. I don't think it was ever determined definitely whether they did or not, perhaps some did and some didn't but that may explain why the Tammy kit does not have it.It is a superb kit though and without a doubt the best Spit in any scale and well worth the price.
I suppose the presence or absence of the logo would depend on the aircraft or engines whichTamiya's people looked at. I've definitely seen war time pictures of Merlin engines without the logo.

I quite agree that the Tamiya 1/32 kits are the best Spitfire kits money can buy, in any scale.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was having a patriotic moment.

Agree that the Tamiya 1/32ths are great but I have the new Eduard in the stash and that's supposed to be rather good as well.... We will see.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

WOW. What a result, that's a show winner if ever I saw one Ian. Excellent job mate.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Andy. Not sure you are right. maybe time will tell. I will just say I have seen a Danish model show and next month is the nationals which are 5 miles up the road from me....

Ian M

Here are those from 2011 http://www.ipms.dk/DM2011/result_main.html

I think I have two chances. fat chance and no chance.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

And yours differs in quality precisely how mate???

Have to say it but I think you see your results different to what we do ...