Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk8

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice one Theuns, I think from memory you have done the right thing by leaving the antenna off for this Mark. Very nicely finished and good work on the engine.
Regards Phil

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
She's a beauty Theuns, you have certainly brought her alive. A very fast build too!!! It takes sme that long just to paint and weather...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful Spit Theuns, the MTO colours look superb and its a variant we dont often see modelled in the big scales. Fantastic weathering too , just the right amount of dust and dirt , cheers tony

B

Builder

Superb build Thuens love the detailing. The weathering is really good. You've done an awesome job in the scale. Just for scale comparison sake here's one I did in 1/72

20161119_083811_RichtoneHDR_zpshdwuyhb4.jpg

20161119_083830_RichtoneHDR_zpsz0rmbdlo.jpg

20161119_083741_RichtoneHDR_zpsnb6sckg7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great build Theuns. And in two weeks. The engine took me that long to build. Have you no grass to cut, no car to wash ??

T

T. van Vuuren

Cool looking little Spitty Bob :smiling:

Colin, good question....yes I did actually go to work , took family to shops and cut the grass in the two weeks LOL
The insperation to complete it was because we have our MOY comp this commong Saturday and since a mate askd me to build it for him I was happy to do so as I think the model might have a slim chance to score under the top 5 maybe in the 1/32 Prop class.

I could never afford this model and so I took my opertunity to have something nice to build ;)
The rules state that the entrant needed to build the model, not own it.

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Speedy build Theuns. A great finish too, love it.