tamiya 1/350 bismark

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Damage is always difficult to get to look realistic. You seem to have it sorted though. Enjoy your holiday and I look forward to the next stages of the build.
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all started on rusting her, still loads of crud to add but I think it's a good starting point.
jiet53.jpg

2ql9084.jpg

6fm70k.jpg

14mewbq.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all added some salt then a light grey wash to kill some of the colour, then knock some of the salt off add another thin sandy wash, knock some more salt off then a thin black wash. I feel it's getting there now.
et5fs6.jpg

2sb7vpy.jpg

34npsti.jpg

4gomk0.jpg

2bvgqu.jpg

4pum54.jpg

fbgo7d.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ken,
Count me in sounds like an interesting project looking forward to see how you do it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all can you guess what this will be.
2yx2fig.jpg

14lhkch.jpg

Started on a background
v4awx3.jpg

Put a blue whale in it which I've drawn to scale just to show how big the wreck is, i realise it don't look that great but I'm going to put dirty blue wash over the background so that should make it fade out a bit.
zodg78.jpg

358yw4k.jpg

I'm really enjoying this build. Looking forward to my birthday and my next project (not a ship)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I thought I could use this as the submersible used to light and film her, unfortunately it is totally out of scale so i will have to find something else, although I see that the effect will work quite well.

2iizwja.jpg

3341bpc.jpg

292y1kl.jpg

fwrjp4.jpg

b8n3py.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Submersible with a light is a great idea. Hope you can make it work.
Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very ambitious project there Ken, kind of a "Drain the Oceans" theme, I like:thumb2:
When trying to depict battle damage to metal plate no matter what the scale (especially the smaller scales) one might consider removing a portion of
area concerned and replacing it with aluminum foil, suitably 'damaged'.

Thinness of foil will reproduce scaled down armor plate and or hull plates with much more accuracy and lend even more realism to your project.
Just a thought.

Jim.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff Ken.
I do like the lighting effect. I did much the same on my U. Boat wreck. Makes the model look all spooky like doesn't it?

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all built some more of the superstructure and added some more damage to the decking

2hf2zx0.jpg

27zxok5.jpg

2q0m7pe.jpg

I know there is no debris from the wreck in the immediate area but I'm sorely tempted to use some artistic licence and add some.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Very realistic. Showed leigh this one and the citreon with the flat bed me and him like them both, he said on this one " add more whales " lol and he liked and I liked they way you done the mini-sub to make it more relistic.:thumb2: