Tamiya 1/350 King George V

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, well I seem to have so little time for modelling these days, i would have done double this in a day a yr ago, it's annoying how little time I get for modelling these days.
2llo7jt.jpg

29ep1xv.jpg

5ppx5k.jpg

143f669.jpg

S

Stevekir

All this PE is going to make a stunning model, and a good sized one.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ken
I’ll take quality like this over quantity any day of the week....love the main bridge work in particular..
Tim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all loads still to add to this part, slow going but I do feel I'm getting there

2urtj52.jpg

bdl4rr.jpg

2vlo65l.jpg

dpblsj.jpg

I will admit due to my abysmally poor modelling skills I've missed some pe out, as a bit of fun can you spot out the bits I've missed out.

I think PE is pretty much beyond my ability now so I can't see me buying any more.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just caught up and it's just like my Bismarck build I shall be missing out the smaller bits keep up the good work

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update,
This sub assy is finished (well as much as I'm prepared to do) I like the unpainted brass standing out against the weathered painted parts, i just wish I had the skills to use all the PE (although to be honest I don't think you would notice the bits I've left out)
rkues5.jpg

2hgye5k.jpg

3163hco.jpg

33xu2wk.jpg

ftljx4.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ken, nice work on the PE.

I wouldn't even have the nerve to start on the stuff as I know I just couldn't cope with it.

..... so top marks fella.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thing is mate you don't need pe to make your models look awesome.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the crane from the kit.
b7avwk.jpg

And here it is after the PE
166j39i.jpg

i4ny90.jpg

2s77wvs.jpg

jai0iu.jpg

2e17fjs.jpg

Does anyone know did these cranes have windows in the top (I mean I don't think they stood out on those railings to hoist the ships boats on board) I can't find photos of the cranes details, I would think it would be a fairly simple job to add them if they were there.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ken, I managed to find an image. I don't know how to post it on here but the crane operators did actually stand on the platform where you've fixed the railings. No windows.....Brave men!

Ron

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks mate
Here is the next sub assy I'm going to attack

inbgvq.jpg

t0qmq0.jpg

The eduard PE comes with PE Oerlikons but I like the kit ones

2zrkqa0.jpg

One of the reasons is the barrels on the kit parts are round also the PE parts are too thin.

I'm adding some of the PE to the kit Oerlikons to make them more realistic (I could add more PE to it but it's soooooooooooooooooòoo small I've left it off)( of course a lot of modellers would be able to add it but I don't have the skills)

11u7o85.jpg

1629w60.jpg

G

Graham D

Coming along nicely. I presume you will be using the pe oerlicon blast shields

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A real beauty. Some fine modeling. PaulE