Tamiya 1:48 Douglas Skyraider A-1J

S

Scuff

\ said:
Graham tell me more about this please sounds interesting.Like your innovative approach to the camouflage cutting the masking tape. Also interesting as you get a nice cut edge on the tape. For all my work where you need a good clean edge I cut the tape. I have found that the edges on rolls is not so good they obviously use a cutter to cut the rolls off a large roll and the edges are not clean.

Laurie

The camo lines on the fuselage were masked using 4mm automotive flexible masking strip, which sticks well with no residue left and is lovely and bendy :smiling3:
Thanks Laurie.

The 'bendy' masking tape I used for the fuselage cammouflage and the wavy lines between the cammouflage and the underside was finespray 3mm green masking tape.

A very sharp new blade was used to cut the masks for the rest of the cammouflage using the pattern plan included in the kit. I also build up the paint lightly to lessen the chance of paint bleed.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely gorgeous work Graham. All the paint work is extremely well done.

Just perfect.

Cheers

Paul

L

Laurie

Graham that tape is a revelation thanks for the info.

Also used it this weekend for a panel line scribing guide where Demo tape cannot go around a corner.

Laurie

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Amazing Graham, great work, what else can i say that has not been said, superb, :smiling3:

S

Scuff

\ said:
Graham that tape is a revelation thanks for the info.Also used it this weekend for a panel line scribing guide where Demo tape cannot go around a corner.

Laurie
Good idea using it for scribing guides Laurie :cool:

J

John Rixon

Dunno about anyone else, but to my eyes, that's pretty much as good as it gets. Beautiful!