Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Being made redundant! That sucks in this day & age but I'm sure you'll soon get back into some kind of employment.
Keep up on the building of the Lanc' she's looking grand.
I'm a licensed aircraft engineer Ian and there seems to be a fair bit of work about at the moment.And after 12 years at ATC Lasham I will get some redundancy money.Im in a better position than most of my colleagues,so I'm not panicking.Just means I will have to work away from home now.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looking good Dave, that's a lot of masking you done there( hope it pays off. Looking very clean and tidy

Guy would be proud of you I'm sure

Cheers

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's not very good news regarding the redundancies Dave, but as you say you're in a pretty good position with your qualifications. You may have to work away from home, but it's a good thing you have already rehearsed building in a hotel room :smiling3:

The Lancaster is looking great, nice to see the pre-shading working.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
That's not very good news regarding the redundancies Dave, but as you say you're in a pretty good position with your qualifications. You may have to work away from home, but it's a good thing you have already rehearsed building in a hotel room :smiling3:
The Lancaster is looking great, nice to see the pre-shading working.
No preshading Joe.I spray the basic camo colours on.then I lighten them with a bit of white be spray free hand in the centre of various panels.

First Name
Dave
View attachment 122515

I started putting the decals on tonight.My 20 year old nose art decal went on fine.But the 5 year old Tamiya sqdn codes and my replacement Xtradecal codes broke up into small pieces.One of the Xtradecal 100" wing roundels also broke up.So I will have to buy some more.image.jpeg

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice work Dave, how does painting the walkway lines compare to applying decals? Would you do it again? They can be a little fiddly can't they?

Was they brush painted in one hit?

Phil

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Nice work Dave, how does painting the walkway lines compare to applying decals? Would you do it again? They can be a little fiddly can't they?
Was they brush painted in one hit?

Phil
I painted them in three sessions.Easier than trying to get the decals to bed down.Looks much better as well.There are red trestle location lines on the underside.I will probably paint those on as well.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking great Dave. The camo looks brill, the matt coat will bring it to life and I'm sure will look amazing.

D

Dave Garrett

i have just swapped one of these kits for my 1/24 stuka i'm getting the dam buster one but not quite sure if it's the older kit or the newer one i am going to collect all the photo etch for it and maybe some resin parts for it so i will be following your build log very closely.

i was thinking of converting it back to a normal bomber lanc though and not the dam busters one with resin kits and photo etch parts etc.

i will be asking lots and lots of questions as i have never built a plane this big before i will also be using the white metal undercarriage and resin wheel kits.

D

Dave Garrett

is it worth adding some bright L.E.D lights to brighten up the inside so you can see the detail work that i am going to put inside the fuselage ?

D

Dave Garrett

are you airbrushing the internal fuselage or using the good old hairy stick ?