Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang III

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
That is some awesome looking mustang and I hope my p51s turn out as good as yours, followed the build and it looked an easy enough build, I like the weathering and the history you have supplied with the aircraft.

Awesome

Robert

F

F-104nut

WOW David that is one sweet looking P-51B. Beautiful build and awesome overall finish :smiling3:

Cheers Brian

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks great. It has everything going for it in my opinion, paint /weathering etc....

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Top marks!!:cool:

Everyone has already said what I would like to say!!:rolleyes: :smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Just seen this one David, love it. Always interests me to see this American planes is RAF colours. Will be converting a wildcat to a martlet on my next build.

Regards

Phil

D

demon

This is one awesome pony love the chipping on the wing root please tell us how it's done

D

David 317

\ said:
This is one awesome pony love the chipping on the wing root please tell us how it's done
Hi Roger,

Sorry for the slow reply. Work & children off school = no time for modelling.

The chipping was done with a very fine brush & Vallejo Aluminium paint. I tried to keep it as small as possible to keep it in scale.

Thanks for your positive comment.

Happy modelling.

D.

D

David 317

\ said:
Just seen this one David, love it. Always interests me to see this American planes is RAF colours. Will be converting a wildcat to a martlet on my next build.
Regards

Phil
Thanks Phil,

Like you I think the American planes look cool in RAF paint. I have a Curtiss P-40e, 1/48 lined up.

I'm going to do it a Desert RAF scheme. 112 squadron if my memory serves me.

I'm hoping to get back to my Wildcatfish soon.

I'll keep my eye out for your Martlet. Is it the Eduard 1/48 Dual combo? That looks like it would be a nice kit.

Regards

D.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Thanks Phil,
Like you I think the American planes look cool in RAF paint. I have a Curtiss P-40e, 1/48 lined up.

I'm going to do it a Desert RAF scheme. 112 squadron if my memory serves me.

I'm hoping to get back to my Wildcatfish soon.

I'll keep my eye out for your Martlet. Is it the Eduard 1/48 Dual combo? That looks like it would be a nice kit.

Regards

D.
Hi David

I actually picked up a old 1/48 sword wildcat fm2/martlet for next to nothing recently. It actually has a few important parts missing so I got hold of a 1/48 hobbyboss wildcat fm2 and I was going to bodge a martlet together out of it.

I think my main issue is the cowling, I will have to look into it but I believe it's a length issue that's different from the wildcat and martlet.

After the build I'm on at the moment I wanted an easy build next but I know it ain't gonna happen but should be interesting.

I look forward to your next build

Phil

D

demon

\ said:
Hi Roger,
Sorry for the slow reply. Work & children off school = no time for modelling.

The chipping was done with a very fine brush & Vallejo Aluminium paint. I tried to keep it as small as possible to keep it in scale.

Thanks for your positive comment.

Happy modelling.

D.
Hi thanks for the info

D

David 317

Thanks for the positive comments Lads.

I've not been able to get at my models of late. Work & family eating my spare time.

Though I have been painting some Warhammer figures when I get the chance.

My stash is becoming a little out of control too.

D.