Tamiya 1/6 Honda cb 750 f

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

dougie

this is different from your car build haha, looks great but not as crazy! The wiring looks just like a real loom with the heat shrink

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good.

Just a couple of small details though.

The chain guard needs to come off to be able to remove the front sprocket and the rear one comes off with the wheel....so the chain would either not be there, or collapsed and hanging down.

Also if you never intend to assemble her again, the petrol tank filler hole needs drilling out or simple fix, mask it over and give it a bit or paint as well. No rag stuffed in the hole.... It's a total bitch when it gets pushed into the tank and needs to be fished out again...not a problem on a model, but a pain in the bum on a real one. Don't ask me how I know, just trust me.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for pointing the obvious out Ian, it's funny when you are building something how sometime you don't notice things like that, you are quite right and glad you pointed that out now rather than later, I had actually noticed the tank and ment to correct that but forgot so thanks for the reminder also now you reminded me of that I also have to do something with that bit on the frame which as a model you screw th tank to, but which on the real one is not there.

That's the great thing about forums you get mistakes sorted before they ruin a build you thought was finished.

D

Deleted member 3568

D

Dave1973

Absolutely top notch work.

Am I allowed to put some input in? ( I know I am new, but I've built so many custom bikes it's silly!)

I was going to mention the chain but was pipped to the post on that one!

The airbox on the Honda has to come out before the engine and carbs can be removed, so that would normally be sitting outside the frame.

The other thing Is, the throttle cables are normally removed from the carb end when doing engine out work, and left ha going from the handlebars. It's easier to undo two nuts and remove the cable at the carb than it is to undo the whole right hand switchgear, disconnect the cable, then unthread it while trying to remove the engine.

Don't shout at me, as that's NOT criticism on your model. Just what we do in real life.

I LOVE the toolbox and the small posters, where on earth did you get them??

D

Deleted member 3568

All input is welcome (its how we improve) I won't be changing the cables from the carbs but do see your point (should have thought of it before) like you, only in my youth, I used to customize bikes. I will though remove the airbox, thanks for pointing it out, trouble is its been soooooooo long since I worked on a bike you forget, I was riding up till 3 yrs ago Triumph Trophy 900, but used to send it to the garage for work to be done. Was made to stop by my missus "they are so dangerous " tbh all the blokes I rode with, who stayed on bikes are dead now (most of them due to car drivers errors)

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks guys Dave sorry I didnt answer your question on the previous post. The posters were pics form the internet i looked up motorcycle garage posters from the 1980s and those are some of what came up, I just copied and pasted them to my pc then reduced them to what I thought was the right scale and printed them off.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all on the last leg with this one, the bike itself is nearly finished, I am attempting to scratch a compressor, which of course would then involve trying to scratch a 1/6 spraygun, still trying to make convincing socket set(you may notice I've made the socket wrench) definitley on the last leg though (may have to make some shelving for the stuff that's laying around on the floor, it looks a very messy workshop which would fail any health and hygiene inspection.

View attachment 121893

View attachment 121894

View attachment 121895

View attachment 121896

View attachment 121897

View attachment 121898

View attachment 121899

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0263.JPG

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

D

dougie

Love it, the bike looks great and the garage is wicked. Top work

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Absolutely top work Ken. This turning into a real Gem.