Tamiya A-10A Thunderbolt II ( Peanuts )

First Name
Adrian
If anyone has seen my post about desert camo you will have seen a little work I have done on this kit.

So here's the build so far with a little history.

The kits itself is really nice to build as most Tamiya kits are, however the canopy is a shocking fit and needed several strips of tape to hold it down whilst the Micro Liquitape set. Having tested a few different colours I settled on Tamiya XF-52, XF-57 and XF-59 and as I haven't found any pictures showing the underside I have had to improvise.

"Affectionately referred to as "Peanut", this one-of-a-kind camouflage was applied to an Air Force Reserve aircraft from 47th TFS / 917th TFG located at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana as a test camouflage for the A-10. The thought was to develop a desert camouflage for the aircraft for use in Operation Desert Shield/Storm. The camouflage was not adopted and the unit was instructed to repaint the aircraft before it was deployed to the Gulf."

View attachment 87798

View attachment 87799

I also ordered some "peanuts" decals.

View attachment 87802

Adrian

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

C

Chuzzbutt

Looking good there, one of my favourite planes and will be looking to build one in the future. Been lucky enough to see 2 in the air and here the front gun go [emoji41]