Tamiya Mini Cooper, Monte Rally Winner.

D

dougie

Ace mate, cracking wee cars, I suppose I will have to do one myself at some point, it's like a homage or something.

Good job so far, keep it up

First Name
Robert
Looking a cracking wee car, I have to build mine someday too

Like what you have done up till now

Hmmmm must get myself s turntable

Great work

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes:

T

Trooper tk421

Not a mini fan (old and new) but that looks really good man :smiling:

J

jono

\ said:
Ace mate, cracking wee cars, I suppose I will have to do one myself at some point, it's like a homage or something.
Good job so far, keep it up
Thanks Dougie, think I will have to do a Subaru one day ;) :smiling3: .

Cheers John.

J

jono

\ said:
Looking a cracking wee car, I have to build mine someday too
Like what you have done up till now

Hmmmm must get myself s turntable

Great work

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thanks Robert, hope we don't have to wait to long for yours.

Turntables are very handy to have :smiling3: .

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks Dougie, think I will have to do a Subaru one day ;) :smiling3: .
Cheers John.
Aye, well try to do a better job of the decals than I did haha. Thats me only on model 2 and you lot seem to just churn them out!

J

jono

\ said:
Not a mini fan (old and new) but that looks really good man :smiling3:
Like the old mini having rallied in one, Not a fan of the New "German" Mini ;) .

Cheers John.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Thanks Robert, hope we don't have to wait to long for yours.
Turntables are very handy to have :smiling3: .

John.
I think I'm going to post a thread for turntables as I can't find a good one......... Yet

Robert

J

jono

\ said:
Aye, well try to do a better job of the decals than I did haha. Thats me only on model 2 and you lot seem to just churn them out!
Im a bit worried about the decals for the mini as its an old kit & the sheet is curled up so keeping fingers crossed. :rolleyes:.

Due to illness im disabled & home 24/7 so plenty of time to churn them out ;) ;).

John,

J

jono

\ said:
I think I'm going to post a thread for turntables as I can't find a good one......... Yet
Robert
Look at the Tamiya Turntable Robert, you get a Table for separate bits & another Table for holding car/tank bodies... a great bit of kit.

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
Im a bit worried about the decals for the mini as its an old kit & the sheet is curled up so keeping fingers crossed. :rolleyes:.
Due to illness im disabled & home 24/7 so plenty of time to churn them out ;) ;).

John,
Good use of your time...

I found using Really hot water with the Tamiya decals made it fine. I mean really hot water - just be careful haha Practice on the Spares as well :confused:

J

jono

\ said:
Good use of your time...
I found using Really hot water with the Tamiya decals made it fine. I mean really hot water - just be careful haha Practice on the Spares as well :confused:
Have not had any trouble with Tamiya decals before, but the sheets have been newer & not all curled up like these ones..

D

dougie

\ said:
Have not had any trouble with Tamiya decals before, but the sheets have been newer & not all curled up like these ones..
Yeah mine were old bit not curled. Some decals were split and shattered so didn't come off well at all. the hot water turned out to be essential as with lukewarm water I ruined all but one practice one. It was a revelation

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Went to Brands Hatch last Sunday and was amazed to see Mini's hurtling "sideways" aound Paddock Hill Bend with a growlling Mustang hot on his tail pipe!! Would not have believed the speeds they are capable of if I had not seen it with my own eyes!!:eek:

J

jono

\ said:
Went to Brands Hatch last Sunday and was amazed to see Mini's hurtling "sideways" aound Paddock Hill Bend with a growlling Mustang hot on his tail pipe!! Would not have believed the speeds they are capable of if I had not seen it with my own eyes!!:eek:
No need to be afraid of the Big Boys when your in a Mini LOL :D :D .

John.